MV Agusta Forum banner

MV in the movies?

25K views 49 replies 37 participants last post by  SpainF4 
#1 ·
I remember seeing Vin Diesel in XXX was riding an F4. What other movies have you seen that have MV's in them?

#4 ·
Dunlop said:
I remember seeing Vin Diesel in XXX was riding an F4. What other movies have you seen that have MV's in them?

he rode an F4 there? I didn't see all of it, so probably missed it....

...but there were a bunch of Huskies in there!!

#7 ·
Ducatikid said:
Yeah Vin diesel rode a MV F4 in the begining of XXX when he is coming back to his apartment after they wrecked the corvette. I dont remember seeing one in Gone in 60 secs, or Matrix reloaded (I am pretty sure it was a 996 in the matrix)
i don't remember seeing one in Gone In 60 Seconds either. but there is an MV in the Matrix. it's a sad part, but it's in there. it's when Trinity jumps the bike off the rooftop onto the guard shack. then it blows up. :cry:

#9 ·
Theres another one that Wesley Snipes rode in the movie called Art of War. Its also there in Matrix when Carrie Anne Moss takes out that security guard booth. Gone in 60 Seconds Angelina Jolie makes her entrance. Vin Diesel in XXX as mentioned and definitely in I Robot...there is an SPR and it sounds awesome. Too bad it gets destroyed in that movie...I wonder how they did that wheter it was all CG or not.

#10 ·
I was told that the one that gets ridden off a building in Matrix Reloaded wasn't really an MV. The bodywork was, but the underlying bike wasn't. I think it was a Monster.

Oddly enough, they filmed parts of the chase scene on the street below my office. The car chase hits the streets coming out of the parking garage where I parked my MV every day. I had to park elsewhere for three days during filming, which was taken care of by the film crew. They also paid for a full month of my parking for the inconvenience.

I suffered through all of "Art of War" because I heard there was an MV in it. I think it was less than ten seconds of screen time. Not worth it.

As I recall, the one in "Gone in 60 Seconds" was an Oro. I met a team mechanic at Laguna Seca AMA/WSB weekend the year I was racing, and he said that he was at the dealer that either supplied or brokered the bike for that. He said it came back with the rear tire worn to the cords from burnouts.

I suppose the real question is, when will an MV appear in a *good* movie?

#14 ·
suryad said:
Wow nice info lizzardo! I thought Art of War was an ok movie...not an good movie not a bad movie...it was aight...just like Gone in 60 Sec or Matrix Reloaded.
I thought "Gone in 60 Seconds" was OK, but that "Art of War" was pretty lackluster. The Matrix movies kept getting worse. The only thing I enjoyed about "Matrix Reloaded" was watching the scenes that were filmed outside my office and elsewhere in Oakland and Alameda. I'll see if I can dig up any pictures once I get back home from the filming. They spotted an office mate taking pictures out the window and asked him to delete any that showed any action. I was a little more discreet, but had work to do, so didn't get very many shots.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.