MV Agusta Forum banner

Stands for the F3

14K views 46 replies 19 participants last post by  Aurum 
#1 ·
I'm looking to see if I can modify my Ninja Pit Bull stands for the F3. The rear stand doesn't look like it will be too difficult, but since my Red/Silver F3 is not likely to be here for a while (West Coast, USA), I'm looking for some info for the front stand. When I saw the F3 at the Seattle Show, it looked like the steering stem was hollow on the bottom and that maybe an adapter pin could be made for the Ninja front stand that would fit into the F3 steering stem. Could any of you that has the bike now tell me if that is the case and if so (really asking a lot!) what the diameter and depth of the stem opening is. Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
I have similar dilemma. Although I don't have a front stand, I may have to buy one for the F3 since my Bursig paddock stand that I have been using all these years, isn't compatible with the F3. Bursig informed me that they are looking for a F3 in Germany to design the adapter plate for it.

All F3 owners in Germany, please contact Bursig about the paddock stand, you'll be able to get one free for yourself if you let them use your bike for prototyping!

#4 ·
QUICK HIJACK,

Regarding the rear padock stand, what size insert do I need to buy to the padock stand work with the F3? Is it the same as the F4?

Also is MV Agusta the same as Ducati?
Sprocket side of an F3 is the same as on an F4, 43mm I.D.
Sprocket side of an M796 is only 26mm I.D.

I don't know the size used on the Ducati Super bikes but I believe they are not the same as the MV’s. My dealer told me they have to specify MV pins when ordering the Pit Bull stands they sell.

#5 ·
I think the Ducati 1098 is same as MV....go to the PitBull web site an do a little research.

#9 ·
Just bought an MV pin for our Pit Bull stand. There are actually two pins marked 1098. F0027-002 only fits 1098 / 1198. I’m not sure why it’s marked so because it’s smaller and didn’t fit the 1098 in the showroom. The other, F0027-001 is double marked with 1098 & MV. It fit the 1098 but more importantly my F3, and really that’s all that mattered.

#13 ·
That should do it. If you’re ordering on-line be sure to specify it’s for an MV. If you’re buying it from a store be sure one of the pins is stamped 1098 MV on the large end. (The stands come with two pins)

#21 ·
I've never used a stand before so I'm not sure what to look for. The pit bulls seem quite popular but dont look as sexy as others

Does anyone have any experience with these:
http://www.designcorse.co.uk/Mv_Agusta_Paddock_stands/Constand_Rear_Paddock_Stand
I haven't used that stand before but Al at designcorse won't sell crap so if he stocks it be would pretty good.

I use Anderson stands like in the pic for both my F3 & F4 & they are awesome, because they have 3 wheels that rotate (and you can also lock to stop them rolling accidentaly) you can push the bike inch perefct into any spot you want. They are Australian made.

I got mine from Trooper Lu's Garage. :)

#23 ·
No worries, yes they changed the design - the one in the pic I got in May with the F3 -I liked it so much that I ordered one for the F4 thinking it would be the same but the 'trellis' one came - it didn't bother me as function is more important as I need to inch all the bikes into place so they fit in my garage. I can't do that with the normal two wheel stands.

I must admit I did think it a little starnge when I first saw the new design - I had actually forgotten about it til you mentioned it :confused:

Happy searching :) Post it up when you get one, people on here are always interested in stands & it may help someone esle.

Cheers

#24 ·
@MVista: the Anderson stand seems perfect to me...but it costs a fortune to get in to Belgium...
@shashankmital: that bursig stand seems very interesting, but how to the bike itself...do you need to make hols in it or what? ;-) Or do you have to put a permanent connection part?

#25 ·
@shashankmital: that bursig stand seems very interesting, but how to the bike itself...do you need to make hols in it or what? ;-) Or do you have to put a permanent connection part?
It has a small metal sleeve that you have to put in the frame permanently (its not visible). The stand uses the sleeve and an existing frame hole to lift the bike up.

#30 · (Edited)
Pit Bull New Front Stand Works With the F3. I've been e-mailing the Operations Manager at Pit Bull regarding using my New Front Stand with the F3. After sending pics and data back and forth, he suggested trying it in its current configuration (std pin, #2 adapter for my Ninja 650R). Tried it tonight and it works great. A little tight sliding it over the fender and the stand is only about 1/8" below the front fairing when it's raised, but that's enough. What a deal! Only had to buy the Pit Bull reversible rear stand. Check the pics to see what it looks like.

Update 9/19/12 - Pit Bull is sending me a #15 pin to try also. I am to let them know which one works the best so they can update their charts.

Update 10/2/12 - #15 Pin from Pit Bull arrived today. It works much better than the std pin/#2 adapter configuration because the pin is shorter and thus easier to slide in over the front fender and it is slightly larger in diameter which gives me increased clearance on the front fairing. Pit bull should be updating their fit charts to show this combination to be compatible with the F3.

Attachments

#34 ·
I picked the bike up and saw it in the stand:f4:

They made the prototype and everything is fine!!

Now they Start the Production and told me they think in 2 weeks the Production is ready for sell.
Just have a look at the Bursig HP.
I will post a pic as soon as Bursig sent it to me.

Nepo

#35 ·
#36 ·
#42 ·
I purchased mine for the BMW (w/ casters) from Maxmoto (Bursig US distributors). They are a sponsor of S1000RR forum and offered me forum discount.

#47 ·
Here you go, from the manual, I'm assuming these are the frame bolts you're talking about?
All done, thanks mate. Sprayed the ugly Bursig connecting bolt semi-gloss black, so looks like part of the frame and not as ugly as the orig gal finish.

The Bursig with wheels is a wonderful thing, so easy to push the bike around the garage!

#46 ·
stands?

if you want a Pit Bull style rear stand get a T-Rex....instead its ~$50 less

not only is it reversible, but the handle is reversible too, great on an air lift:drummer:

ball bearing pin and safety bolt so the bike can't vibrate off the stand while running

normally i use one of my 2 F&G rear stands (they ARE NOT REVERSIBLE)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.