MV Agusta Forum banner

Brutale 920

8K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  wotmof 
#1 ·
I am looking at a low mileage Brutale 920 year 2011 , are there any
known problems with this model like the gear lever spring or ecu on
the 990r?

#3 ·
Hi ive got a 2011 920 it had a 6000 service in september and has been good uptill last week end when it developed an engine noise, my dealer said it was ok to use untill they could get it in for some open heart surgery, I droped it off yesterday I will post there findings as soon as I know. Otherwise I love this bike .

#4 ·
Ive had mine since Feb 2012 and 9000km and it hasnt missed a beat
BTW MCN rated the 920 as the best bike in the range (ducking for cover) :stickpoke

#8 ·
Hi all MV lovers,

my name is Fabrizio. I bought a B920 in italy last year. Then i moved to the UK, on the bike. So far i've had only one problem, twice. The radiator..

After 14000Km, i was still in italy, i was going to work. As soon as i arrived the office, i've found a hole in it(left side). The bike was at the garage for the three weeks, waiting for the part..

It happened again around 30000Km, another hole (right side). Two months of forced pit stop.

There is an bullettin from MV Agusta ita for a problem on the B920/990/1090 radiator. For MY 2011 the part is fixed to the frame without shock absorber. The fix from MV consist in installing a rubber kit (like it was in older brutale models).

Except the radiator, the bike runs fine. So far i've run 37000Km. Tomorrow i'm going to replace the original battery. A Koyo.. not the very best, with a yuasa ytz10s gel.

I still think it was a good choice.

Live long and prosper,

Cheers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.