MV Agusta Forum banner

Low speed/Low side

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  ASM 
#1 ·
On my way away from the house yesterday (Friday 13th naturally) about 2 blocks from the house, somebody let a blind guy drive a pick-up who proceeded to pull right out in front of me. Only choice, lock the brake and hold on trying to avoid being run over. Unfortunately, just as I am thinking I will survive, the front tire hits some loose gravel and washes out. Luckily only some small fairing damage (minor scrapes but UGLY!!), and a broken foot peg. All this in time for days of perfect riding weather. AWSOME!!. Now, awaiting mail order for new peg, unless I can find a generic one that will attach to the rear sets.

#5 ·
What is it with these people...WHY can they not see us????? Drives me crazy and their response the world over is usually always the same....'sorry mate..I just didn't see you'.
WHAT?? WHY??, ARE YOU BLIND??, ARE YOU CONCENTRATING??. We seem to be invisible..unless we are in a truck or car..I just don't/can't get it!
Hope you get it sorted and glad it wasn't worse.
Brian.

#6 ·
What is it with these people...WHY can they not see us????? Drives me crazy and their response the world over is usually always the same....'sorry mate..I just didn't see you'.
WHAT?? WHY??, ARE YOU BLIND??, ARE YOU CONCENTRATING??. We seem to be invisible..unless we are in a truck or car..I just don't/can't get it!

Brian...it's actually quite easy...at least around here...

1. I need to update my status on Facebook
2. My BFF just texted me
3. Well...I saw you but you were still 200 feet away
4. I have a truck so if you hit me it doesn't really hurt
5. ....

#9 · (Edited)
Be grateful it was only a foot peg.

I lowsided last October on cold tyres at about 35mph. Went down on the left, not a mark on my leathers, minor fairing scratches and a bent gear lever but.... scraped the small plastic cover off timing gear (I think that's what it is but someone technical will put me right), engine casing buckled. New engine required. Seriously. Not happy.

Does anyone make crash bungs for the F4 2010/11? Because I can't find them.

#10 ·
Be grateful it was only a foot peg.

I lowsided last October on cold tyres at about 35mph. Went down on the left, not a mark on my leathers, minor fairing scratches and a bent gear lever but.... scraped the small plastic cover off timing gear (I think that's what it is but someone technical will put me right), engine casing buckled. New engine required. Seriously. Not happy.

Does anyone make crash bungs for the F4 2010/11? Because I can't find them.
Have you tried Al at Design Corse.

http://www.designcorse.co.uk/Mv_Agusta_Frame_Engine_Sliders/?sortmethod=name&page=1

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.