MV Agusta Forum banner

Price check: 04 Brutale 750

2K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  gatmow 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

Great forum you have here.

I'm hoping to join your ranks and trying to gauge what I should pay for a 2004 Brutale 750. The bike has an arrow exhaust system and just over 4,000 miles on the clock. I'm not sure of it's maintenance history (if the SPU has been replaced or not). The bike is in near perfect cosmetic conditions and everything is working mechanically.

I'd appreciate and thoughts and advice.

Cheers,

Matt

#4 ·
Mine is just an educated guess.....if the bike is 'perfect' the low to mid sixes sounds reasonable. Hey guys, what's your thoughts?

#5 ·
It'll cost you many thousands of dollars, but buying a Brutie will cost you much more in lost man points. :stickpoke

#11 · (Edited)
It'll cost you many thousands of dollars, but buying a Brutie will cost you much more in lost Gay man points. :stickpoke
Fixed......Gatmow, you need to beware of our limp wristed F4 brethren like Kevin (Italia). They suffer from performance anxiety envy. It's amazing to see the reaction on the face of a F4 weenie when he witnesses the adoration bestowed upon Brutie riders by the pretty ladies.

Kevin told me when he first understood he had made a mistake buying his F4.......he had just purchased his bike and was out on his initial shake down ride. :smoking: In heavy traffic, he cruised up by two very hot young ladies in a Mustang convertible stopped at a traffic light.:mouthwate Grinning ear to ear, Kevin blipped his throttle as he pulled up beside the Mustang. The two hotties looked over at him and the pretty blond signaled him to flip up his face shield..:naughty:......Kevin quickly complied.

Just before the light turned green and the Mustang took off, the blond yelled out to Kevin, "Sorry about your penis!". :loser:

Kevin dropped his bike........:bash:

#6 ·
Hi Matt, I purchased an immaculate bone stock 05 Brutale 750 earlier this year with 1,600 miles on it in PA for $5500. I wouldn't pay more than 6,500 if I were you, or your getting into used 910 territory. I can't reccomend these bikes enough, and personally I enjoy the look of the older models a smidge more. Must have mods cat delete, and design corse racing water pump...especially living in FL

#13 ·
Randy, you're confused on the story I told you. Old age I suppose. The story about the hotties in the Mustang was when I was test riding bikes at the MV dealer. The part you're confused about is that I was test riding a Brutie at the time. :p. Buying the F4 was an easy decision and many man points were scored in that transaction. ;)

#14 ·
Gatmow, Randy lives in a dreamlike state of self-induced delirium when it comes to thinking that riding a Brutie nears the man point quota of an F4 rider. Dream on Randy. Dream on. :D

#19 ·
Congrats Gatmow. After a few years of your Brute maybe you can progress to the F4. Randy's a bit too studly for that now but it's not too late for you :stickpoke
Fixed.....:stickpoke come on Chris.....is that the best you got? :naughty:

#18 ·
Update

Well had my first real day out on the bike today.:mouthwate

Started by taking the bike into have a new rear tire put on and to have the bike looked over by a recommended mechanic. Given the all clear after the tire change (put a metzeler Z8 on her), chain adjusted and lubed. I plan to take it back to them to complete a full service for peace of mind as the fellow who sold it to me had not maintained very accurate records. I also have a new front tire on order as they didn't have any 65's in the warehouse. I was talked into ordering an M3 to try to match tire wear and the tread pattern is nearly identical.

As we set out I took it easy for a bit as the new rubber was pretty slippery but soon started feeling more confident. Unfortunately as some of you may know Florida riding is pretty straight and flat so most of the day was highway riding with a bit of slow cruising down the beach. The bike is awesome, and I couldn't be happier!

I'm now going to own up to my first mistake. Last night, I decided to go for a short ride and cruise up a few exits on the 95 before I was going to turn around and head back. Cruising around 70mph all of a sudden the sputters and dies. Luckily I manage to dodge all the cages coming up my rear and get over to the side of the highway. Straight away I'm thinking something serious has gone wrong with the bike and the lousy seller has ripped me off and sold me a lemon. Bike refuses to start so I start walking to the next exit. Luckily there is a service station not to far off the highway and I get it there without too much hassle. I open the tank and start shining my iphone in to try and see how much fuel is left, and sure enough there isn't much. Not a big deal, fill it up and the old girl fires right up. My question to you gentlemen is why the hell didn't the fuel light come on!?

Anyways, might sound like amateur hour, but I'll get the little bugs figured out and hopefully find some roads with a few more turns in em!

Pics to follow once I get the bike all cleaned up from today's ride. :brutale:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.