MV Agusta Forum banner

Show off your MV Agusta F3

760K views 2K replies 394 participants last post by  MickyGee 
#1 · (Edited)
Now that someone has received their beautiful F3 we needs a threat with images for this as well.:mouthwate

#208 ·
If theres one thing I don't like about the Triumph 675 its the cast part(s) that they use where the pipes exit the head, I see the F3 also has this, i'm guessing it's a cheaper option manufacturing wise, I know you will probably never see it but I just can't take to the idea :hitit:

Is the motor on the test bed sand cast??

#209 ·
If theres one thing I don't like about the Triumph 675 its the cast part(s) that they use where the pipes exit the head, I see the F3 also has this, i'm guessing it's a cheaper option manufacturing wise, I know you will probably never see it but I just can't take to the idea

Is the motor on the test bed sand cast??

It's only cheaper if production numbers are high enough. It takes time to fabricate and then weld on the flanges. However, moulds cost big $$ and the casting process, although straight forward, does have it's own pit falls. At the relative low volumes that the F3 and 675 Brutale are being built at I can only assume that MV are looking at using this design for a long time and / or using it on other models.

On another note, is the catalytic converter housed in the header collector? If so, that's one big ass muffler box for a little 675. I'm sure one of the performance shops will be able to come up with a much lighter, free flowing, sans "bent triple pipe" design.

Great photo BTW. Thanks for sharing

This post has been deleted
#214 ·
Back to those cast bits, I reckon they are there to get the tightest bend possible, really can't see any 'bent' pipe being able to be bent that tight

#215 ·
That bend being so tight isn't the best design to get speed into the exhaust gasses, it'll get bloody hot on that bend too,

Hmmm!!

Aftermarket headers with less of an acute angle and gas flowing on the head is possibly on the cards me thinks. Wonder if the zorst ports on the 675 are hand finished like I believe they were on the earlier F4's?

:smoking:​

#221 ·
Why wouldn't you insist that the Dealer have this fixed one way or another before you pick up your bike, rather than trying to fix it yourself. Only for the fact that it should be initially delivered to you in pristine condition since you are parting with your hard earned dollars. And if you were to try fixing them yourself and something went wrong, i dont think you could then take it back and have MV cover it under warranty.
I realize its been a long and hard wait for your bike to arrive, trust me i've been there when I bought my F4. But it's your money purchasing a prestigious brand.....I believe you should get what you paying for.... If they are selling something that is below standard, then they should correct it or offering you a discount.

#224 ·
QA is a fcuking joke in today's production facilities. It might be a tooling issue. If there is a tool that some freedom of movement in the parts before they are welded and the welder doesn't notice after his shield is down, he's SOL. He has to keep going because in today's way-behind-schedule LEAN operating factories you can't stop if something is wrong. Can someone take some close up pictures? Is it possible for a skilled metal worker can fix? They need to fix their tooling and possibly their sequencing.

#225 ·
C'mon guys get yer act together!!

I can remember someone giving me a real hard time a few weeks back for even mentioning such things!!

"Pissing on other peoples parade" I think was the sort of terminology used!

I now scratch my chin and wonder if it was me? or 'is it' in all reality MV Agusta themselves who are in fact pissing down their own leg?

For all of you that have fueling issues and zorsts that are other than symmetrical don't worry, I have no doubt whatsoever that MV Agusta will in due course sort these problems out for you, it just a great shame that these niggles even exist in the first place.

I still love the looks of this little bike and am still looking to own one in the near future.

:mouthwate

#233 ·
I can remember someone giving me a real hard time a few weeks back for even mentioning such things!!

"Pissing on other peoples parade" I think was the sort of terminology used!

I now scratch my chin and wonder if it was me? or 'is it' in all reality MV Agusta themselves who are in fact pissing down their own leg?

For all of you that have fueling issues and zorsts that are other than symmetrical don't worry, I have no doubt whatsoever that MV Agusta will in due course sort these problems out for you, it just a great shame that these niggles even exist in the first place.

I still love the looks of this little bike and am still looking to own one in the near future.

:mouthwate

I'm waiting for the 900 Ade..love the svelte lines and light weight of this bike...but I want the grunt lower down the rev range as I'm more used to.

I'd love a little spin on a 675 though :f4:

You never know I might change my mind :naughty:

#226 ·
Every day the same blabla...

This little fucking bike is absolutely awesome..., really. And I have to correct myself, my one has NO fueling issues, I did on monday 250km (have now 550km) with it an it was a pleasure. And fuck off these exhaust pipe, it will fixed the next time and that's it!

#228 ·
Good for you Zico

Its pleasing to learn that at least your fueling is OK, it just goes to prove that its not all F3's that APPARENTLY have this issue................

As for your exhausts it would seem that you are not quite as fortunate however, but I sure like you're attitude and I'm absolutely positive that you're dealer will weld them up nicely for you.

#227 ·
Just a quick note on the difference between Quality Assurance and Quality Control.

Quality Assurance is the administrative part of any quality department. Their responsibility is to act as consultants & develop the quality related operating procedures on site. They are also at the coalface during internal or external audits of quality systems. They may have a part to play in customer complaints.

Quality Control are the staff who physically check samples of starting materials / intermediate product / finished product. Their checks are based on parameters & standards set by the contracted customer.

#229 ·
I really don't understand why people are talking about fixing the cock eye'd exhausts themselves on a brand new motorcycle.

You could try this approach, pay your deposit, when you go to pick the bike up (now registered in your name) ......refuse it until it's sorted, QC at both the exhaust manufacturer, the MV employee who would have signed the exhaust off at the factory (factory acceptance testing) and the QC at MV's production line are all having a laugh here.

If you fix it yourself and then a modded one is released OR your zorst develops a different problem you may have voided your warranty with your pipe straightening ventures

#239 ·
I came very close to buying one in blue with the gold wheels.

It would have matched my car, hehe :laughing:

(photo taken just after I'd signed the deal back in 2006)

#240 · (Edited)
I came very close to buying one in blue with the gold wheels.

(photo taken just after I'd signed the deal back in 2006)
If you had the money you did well to resist! Very nice indeed!
I must admit when I was looking at bikes it was a toss up between an MV and the above bike in that colour, not many MV's about, plus I had spent yrs wanting one, so guess which won.

#243 ·
few pics

heres a few pics of the bike in white, not the best pics but better than none

Attachments

#245 · (Edited)
Beautiful Daytona Bruce, one of if not the nicest I have ever seen, no doubt your F3 will be just as immaculate!

I spoke the Forza at length today on a few things regarding the bike, the first thing I want to say is I really like this dealer, their honesty, willingness to share information and just general nice attitude when you deal with them is a pleasure.

They had a VIP from MV in Italy there this morning along with the UK regional manager. The guy from the Factory was very honest with them about the bike and the soon to be released B3.

I recommend you having a chat with the Forza owner Martin when you go on Saturday, I would also have a good look at the pipes on yours, mine and any other F3's they have pipes, I beleive they have four bikes in plus the red and silver bikes that are due tomorrow.

I'm guessiing the guy from Italy was on a tour of the dealers.

#248 ·
They certainly would not 'bend' by warming them, you could move them after grinding the tack welds though..............but as I said before why accept it in the first place? do MV have any plans to sort this?

#249 ·
Sure it is an eye saw once You got Your 10K (other wise mind blowing stunning bike) with somewhat not lining up muffler outlets. Whereas we hear that the issue is almost of different level on every bike. Some are fine and others are worst.
Now other than just sobbing over twenty pages how ridiculous and never acceptable it is we could might massage or brain cells and try to understand what is causing this and why there seams to be not a sudden change or reaction from MV.
In my honest opinion is the design with three parallel outlets quite challenging to produce.
We all know that steel is shrinking in a welding process and if not evenly heated can lead to angular tolerances. Welding three parallel ports to a sheet metal box has its difficulty.
Now the next task is it for the manufacturer to line up the sleeves and tack weld them in a perfect order.
To keep cost down is this tack welding job might a pretty short timed job.
Just figure it how the process is might looking like.
To spin the story further is MV Agusta SpA most likely not producing them.
They buy them from an exhaust manufacturer.
For sure MV Agusta quality control checked the pre serial production mufflers quality and found the quality reasonable, yeah satisfying, to start mass production.
In the meanwhile the production of all other bike components is starting and the parts drop in in larger bulks
to start the final assembly of the bikes.
Now once You assemble the bikes You find out that the 1000 delivered mufflers have certain flaws.
What would Ade, Mike, .. do now ?
Stop the production for x month until You have a new, better made batch of mufflers ?
Or would You think shit but I can't stop production because of one suppliers fault ?
Sure MV Agusta and the muffler supplier look seriously into this issue. Discuss how to alter the production process and finally the products quality appearance.
Alone this will take time and the production have to go on in the meanwhile.
And such a scenario is most likely and should be under stud by men who have some idea about manufacturing and hand crafting.
But we read in the kitchen sink that Common Sense died recently.

#251 ·
Sure it is an eye saw once You got Your 10K (other wise mind blowing stunning bike) with somewhat not lining up muffler outlets.
What would Ade, Mike, .. do now ?
Stop the production for x month until You have a new, better made batch of mufflers ?
Or would You think shit but I can't stop production because of one suppliers fault ?
Difficult one as I am 'on the outside looking in' I am not in the queue for a new bike.

I really don't want to stir up the fuelling issue again but.................

If the likes of MCN and a fair few other publications had kept quiet about the fuelling do you honestly think that MV would have done anything about it?
I know they say there was always 'another' map in development but they're hardly going to admit anything different are they? They will not openly say 'If it wasn't for MCN and a few others we would have just ignored our buyers'

So, to the exhaust, and what would I do?

Every one appears to be excepting the bikes and going about fixing the issue themselves, some won't even question them I feel, this is great news for MV who will not have to go through the hassle of changing them and paying the dealer to do so plus carriage charges etc.

I refused to collect my F41000S because the LF fairing decal was an inch (honestly I measured it) out of align with the faring top.

I would like to think I would do the same with the F3 exhaust, if everyone did likewise i'm pretty sure a fix would be underway very quickly.

#250 ·
You may well be right haupti, perhaps it is an outside supplier and MV are under alot of pressure to get the bikes out of the door. Although not good enough, I think if I as a customer had been waiting ages, then I would just want my bike and not be delayed a month?and would get the problem sorted myself, although even if the dealer can't do it they should be able to arrange it for me.

Could the 3 tips be held in some sort of simple jig just prior to the tack welding, this way it would be easy to align them. I know these 3 tips being out of true is a small thing, but it would certainly bug me as an important cosmetic detail.

#254 · (Edited)
I know its crazy to think I have to accept the fact my exhaust might be wonky and hopefully it isn't, it's only turned up at the dealer today so I haven't seen it yet. hopefully another member off here will let me know they go to see their bike and mine tomorrow.

I am not happy about it and to be honest if it is bent as I'm expecting it to be it will take the shine off what is a stunning bike and a dream come true for me. I don't want ok or it will do, I want perfection, hence my profile name.

If something isn't spot on on any of my bikes I sort it or throw it, look at my post in other Marques, but what can i do? i don't want to reject it, i have wanted theis bike since December 2010, I have sold all my other bikes, I have no bike and i can't wait any longer. I dont want to fix this myself but if thats the price for having it now I'll take it.

Wait............. oh my god!!!!!

Just got an email from my dealer, wow my bike!!!!!!

#259 ·
What a lovely feeling for you!! been there myself, pleased for you :)