MV Agusta Forum banner

monobloc brembo Bleeding

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Mungee 
#1 ·
I just fitted a set of monoblocs and am wondering do they have 2 bleed nipples or the one.

As I have used my old bolt and nipple where the lines come into the caliper mine has 2 now, so do I need to bleed that side?

The gold series only had the one nipple.

My car's brembos have 2 one on each side fo the caliper.

Help please.

#4 ·
Ok thanks guys, I have fitted the above pictured brakes.

My question is on bikes fitted with these brakes does the banjo bolt that fixes the brake line to the caliper have a bleed valve in it?

If so then you have to bleed both sides, if not it only has the one bleed valve as per above.

#6 ·
I just fitted a set of monoblocs and am wondering do they have 2 bleed nipples or the one.

As I have used my old bolt and nipple where the lines come into the caliper mine has 2 now, so do I need to bleed that side?

The gold series only had the one nipple.

My car's brembos have 2 one on each side fo the caliper.

Help please.
How did you go Mungee, sorted ?

#7 ·
Thanks Donsy I appreacite your comments and follow up but it is almost impossible to get into the other bleed vale, will keep trying.

My other question to other who have the later bikes did MV fit a bleed valve on the brake line inlet as they would have similar issues?

#8 ·
Thanks Donsy I appreacite your comments and follow up but it is almost impossible to get into the other bleed vale, will keep trying.

My other question to other who have the later bikes did MV fit a bleed valve on the brake line inlet as they would have similar issues?
Hi Mungee
The problem is that you're using the Old lines on the new calipers, most blokes change individual brake lines and no bleed nipple on the Banjo, or you just get Banjo fittings without bleed nipples on them. The 1078RR has no bleed nipples on the Banjo fittings.
Pictures will help too man, I've done this for a couple of guys and have never had a problem using either of those methods.

#9 ·
Thanks Donsy you have answered my question and put me to ease.

I have bought the new 1078RR lines and fitted those but re-used the banjo/bleed off my old calipers (with new crush washers) thus giving me the question around do I need to bleed that one - or does a 1078 come with that 2nd nipple.

Answer is no need to bleed and no it does not come with one.

Thanks to all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.