MV Agusta Forum banner

New Brutale 1078RR

5K views 32 replies 16 participants last post by  Brutale-Botty 
#1 ·
Finally after months of waiting or should i say years, the Brutale is here. Still in the crate, will uncrate and post pics later. Got the Red/Silver but personally i ve always liked the Black/White in the 1078 but they didnt have em being the last of the few left. It is still MV's factory color so im cool with that.

Im glad i got the original design which will end up as a classic, i do like the 1090RR of 2011/12 but the new 2013's are weird with those slash cut exhausts. If lucky maybe a New 1090RR '11 could be a nice addition later. But for now she has filled my heart. Carbon rear hugger was fitted and GSG frame + Sato engine sliders are what will go on the bike rest will be stock. Just MV Corse stickers on both the huggers to complete the look.

#3 · (Edited)
here she is, wow!! red/silver looks awesome in the real, better than in photos

#6 ·
Be aware of the power of that bike. Yeah, it will feel fast when riding it normally, maybe even docile.
But when trying to go really fast on this bike, something changes, I don't know, it becomes a beast. It will spit you off in a split second if you don't respect her.

But it's a great great bike, a classic already.

#31 ·
I did notice the change in frame welds but your pics put that into perspective but never noticed the wiring :green:. Im sure everyone is aware that the 2011/2012 1090RR's have the hand welded TIG but not the 2013's Brutale RR and that shows in the cheaper priced 1090RR for 2013. They have retained it on the F4RR. So its a good idea for some of the Burtale lovers to just snatch up the 'original' bikes.

I don't think Ferarri designed the engine on MV's (did they?:popcorn:)...I thought the story was that MV wanted their engine to sound like a Ferrari, so they took apart the exhaust on a Ferrari in order to 'mimick the poetry'...

Maybe MVista, TheKnurl or any of our other MV-encyclopedia guru's can confirm....

:)

By the way, Greny, I think your 'older' bike's look like shit - from afar and up close....although I would never say this on an MV forum, or did I just....:wtf::)

I have mates who own the latest 'newer model' F4rr, F3 and soon to buy Rivale, and they all look incredible - definately "works of art".:yo:

P.S. I also like the older bikes, but have a preference for the newer...so to all those that own the 'older bikes' (except Greny, who feels he can call my mistress 'shit up close'), I apologise...:smoking:
As other have stated reg the Ferrari link, I read about it in the early days when MV was resurrected and BiKE Mag carried an article called "Cerrari - Fagiva", i still remember it with a photo of the F4 engine.

Its clear that selling bikes is key and im sure MV has to stay afloat, but we all want the best, don't we?. Maybe they will keep a few limited edition pieces with the top spec coming in the future. Sometimes we just simply cant argue with economics.

And with the arguments on Old Vs New, its also a bit of a psyche thing, the old owners think proud about the original design and will have to deal with the inconsistent performance and the new owners have to deal with not having the original design but have a more smoother livable machine. So each would put up a facade :blah: of convincing himself that its the best. In the end whatever makes each one of us happies is key.

Any reason why you chose a 1078R over a 910R? And, if you don't mind me asking, what sort of money is asked for such an elderly new MV? Since i'm on the hunt as well and look for a good moment to strike.

Cheers for any answer, Botty
I always preferred top spec in motorcycles (subject to usability), and more opined to pick up the newer models. With the 910R replaced with the 1078 with all those upgrades like brakes, suspension and engine, it had to be it. Im not particularly inclined to buy a used motorcycle unless they are a classic. The 1078 was in any case short changed with the 1090 very quickly. I didnt like the 1090RR for obvious reasons. And even better the prices are very sweet for leftover 1078's, im not sure how they are in the states though.

Cheers Mate...If I could make just one suggestion/recommendation?. It would be to fit a.. 'microtec' ecu in the bike. As has already been mentioned this bike has a vicious amount of acceleration but it's coupled with a very 'snatchy' throttle...and it can catch you out.
It's one of the very first things I done to my bike when I got it in 2009..and quite honestly it transformed the 'ride-ability' of the bike. I have a microtec 191...however there are now 'newer' versions and Chris @ Xbikes.. (X81) on this forum is 'THE' man regarding the supply and installation of these.
Just a thought and suggestion regarding an 'improvement' of an already excellent bike.
Brian:)
Thanks Brian! I am usually a stock person but I did think of ironing out the issues, let me see how to get this going. If its plug n play its fine as I wouldnt want to fettle too much with it. I will contact Chris and get an idea of the mods.

#23 ·
Actually I understand the real story was that Ferrari was all in until MV told them they would also use the engine in a naked bike called the Brutale, designed for limp wisted riders. That's when the Ferrari engineers walked out on MV. :p

#28 ·
We'll agree to disagree there eddy, lol.

I'll get a few more photos up soon, done a little to it recently main one being getting the race ECU installed. A lot more ride-able now, just gotta get that PCV next.

Yes if your looking for mods Rev between myself, Eddy, Brian (BG Wells) and Jason (jchaplin) we pretty much have the 1078 sorted.

#29 ·
We'll agree to disagree there eddy, lol.

I'll get a few more photos up soon, done a little to it recently main one being getting the race ECU installed. A lot more ride-able now, just gotta get that PCV next.

Yes if your looking for mods Rev between myself, Eddy, Brian (BG Wells) and Jason (jchaplin) we pretty much have the 1078 sorted.
Hebs, I don't think you, Eddy, Brian or Jason have the colour scheme that 'I have'....:naughty: (just thought I'd give more ammo to the F4 guys...:laughing:)

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.