MV Agusta Forum banner

Lightech Rearset

4K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  GREGOSTINI 
#1 ·
Hi there,

I am 5'10 having a problem staying on the bike without sliding back and forth during street ride. I have added a knee pad on the tank but since the slick looking design of the tank i found it tiring to keep my legs press against it during a long ride. I am looking for an aftermarket rearset that can raise my legs about 20mm so my knee can rest comfortably pressing the bottom lid of tank (where the pointy section that sticking out) to stop me sliding. I came across with this rearset during my hunt, fair price with decent quality, however, on the website it didn't mention any informaiton about the adjustablility (+/- ??mm). Just wondering is there anyone here have this fitted on their F3 or does anyone have it fitted on anyother bike that could give me a rough indication of the adjustablity compare to the stock rearset.

http://www.lightech.it/scheda.asp?cod=FTRMV002

Arnold

#2 ·
I raised my rearset almost 50mm from stock. At 5'9" it ww tiring keeping my knees in the tank.

Mv Augusta now has a really cool aftermarket adjustable rearset. You can find it on the mvagusta.it site.

Corran

#3 · (Edited)
Just a quick notes on the Lightech Rearset to those who might be interested
After waiting for 2months and more, i have finally recieved my kits today from reactive.co.uk
It has a superb fnisihing and it gives a vy subtle and clean looks to the bike.
It have 24different position (2 track, 3 holes each, Left/Right pegs reverse position and up-side down postion)
the highest setting will allows you to raise about 20-25mm and slide back about 30-40mm.
I'm vy pleased on this purchase and i would highly recommend others.

One other thing that worth mentioning,
The gear shift lever is relocated and mounted on the bolts which uses to secure the bike stand.
However, there is no extended bolt to replace the original bolt,
If i use the original bolt from the bike with the stand, the bolt will shift out more than half of it length from the socket,
since it is the bolt that secure the bike stand, i am not sure is it strong enough to hold the bike without an extended bolt??
At this stage i am still waiting on the confirmation e-amil from Lightech and reactive.co.uk
But I have a feeling that this product might be desgined for track use only. Good news is the parts is possible to bolt on to the bike using an extended bolt with no clearance issue. So the worst case senario is you will have to source an extended bolt if you want to use it on the street.

P.S. The photos show on designcorse.co.uk aren't the F3 model, The F3 model allows you to bolt on the EAS directly.

Arnold

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
ceepee

hi, i had the same issue with the bolt extension you mention, got one made locally to myself(no good to you though I'm in the uk) however you just need to extend the bolts 10mm, i no longer have the image i took of this but i did send it to donsy one very informative site user now living in oz, he may well see this and post the pic or information to contact him is on many of this sites topics, i recall its donsy@teamdouble3racing.com if im correct, i fitted mine with no bother but my rear sets were from pp racing but had the same issues you raise.

#9 ·
Sorted

hi, i had the same issue with the bolt extension you mention, got one made locally to myself(no good to you though I'm in the uk) however you just need to extend the bolts 10mm, i no longer have the image i took of this but i did send it to donsy one very informative site user now living in oz, he may well see this and post the pic or information to contact him is on many of this sites topics, i recall its donsy@teamdouble3racing.com if im correct, i fitted mine with no bother but my rear sets were from pp racing but had the same issues you raise.
This the pic you where looking for ?

Attachments

#10 ·
Thx all for the inforamtion.
Fortunately, Lightech have a different approach on mounting thier gear lever.
Lightech rearset only uses the unique looking bolt as a stoper to stop the mounting bracket rotating.
In order to keep the original bike stand, all i needed is a standard M10 x 35mm socket head screw where i did manage to found it from a local wearhouse for two dollar. =]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.