MV Agusta Forum banner

Desperately in need

2K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  eddypro 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, need your help badly! My rear passenger seat flew off!:cry:! I had it serviced and the mechanics probably did not lock it well so when I picked it up and drove home and got off the bike my heart sank:2up:!!! There rear seat wasn't there anymore!!! Argh!!!*

Anyway does anyone have a rear passenger seat For Brutale 2003 for sale??? Crossing my fingers as I send this out

Cheers*

Martin

#3 ·
I agree, you should have called him immediately. Is it an MV dealership? They should at least get you a replacement at their cost if they argue the responsibility point.

Suggest you carefully retrace your route looking for it on on the side of the road. May be salvageable or at least get the mounting hardware off it.

#21 ·
wtf?

Suggest you carefully retrace your route looking for it on on the side of the road. May be salvageable or at least get the mounting hardware off it.
Ed; he's talking on a freeway.......Dave's CC chain guard got nailed by the last person on the track.......Randarosa

#5 ·
Hey guys, thanks for trying to help out. They are willing to replace the part coz obviously it's their fault and negligence. Am just trying to expedite the process and help them search for one.

Thanks red baron for for posting those threads, unfortunatly it's not the part am looking for.

#7 ·
Nitram, where are you located? The parts are available from MV. An authorized dealer can go on-line, check availability and have it within 2 weeks if in stock in Italy....may take longer if not in stock, but it probably is if it's a standard seat. (not alcantara or special edition).

#9 ·
Esq'z me you wouldn't believe this, I'm from Manila Philippines and I am the sole proud owner of an MV agusta Brutale here! We don't have a dealer here and I imported this bike from Germany back in 2003! I have kept my bike in prestine condition and would normally order parts online, and ofcourse from our very reliable member CAG as well. Only he just sold his last one two weeks ago. Mine is standard seat with a carbon fiber cover which I had customized with my own design. ( I would post a pic of it if I only knew how using an iPad)

Guarda, I think I lost it on the freeway so it's a bit of a challenge to ride slow and look coz of the speeding cars, but believe me I tried! Ive gone three times back and fort the moment I realized 'twas gone! Also I was searching at night, made it more difficult. Maybe Tom I'll try early am when there are less cars and better light...

For now sleeping will be a major challenge! I hate it when something's wrong with my Brutale UUuuugh!

#10 ·
You might contact one of the forum sponsors (Star Twins in Europe?)

...or the folks at Pro-Italia in California....or another of the US MV dealers.....or Trooper Lou's in Australia (he's a MV dealer!!!).

I am sure one of them can help with availability and shipping.

#11 ·
I checked trooper Lu's but wow they cost an arm and a leg 300+ AU$, next option is Star twin I checked price online EU98.00 not bad. Just need to check availability. Wanted to see also if there was any available with folks here. Wouldn't mind a used one if it were in good condition since I'll be covering it with carbon again. Hey thanks for all the inputs, truly appreciate it esq'z me

#12 ·
CAG is probably your best bet, then.

#15 ·
Important note....the seat does not come with the metal mounting plate or the rubber bumpers. That plate was quite pricey as i recall. Trouper Lou may be pricing the entire kit and Star Twins maybe just the seat????

You might check a US dealer for pricing. Good luck.

#18 ·
I thought you may have one for him.....Nitram, that's a good man there.

Hey Balz, ever get that inventory sorted and organized? Should I send my "wanted" list again?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.