MV Agusta Forum banner

F3 Clarification

4K views 30 replies 19 participants last post by  MVista 
#1 ·
Gents, apologies for not replying sooner (tied up with other matters)
Unfortunately I did not get a chance to post the balance of the pics (now attached) and clarification regards the bike in question; this is not mine however the first to arrive in Melbourne; I have been holding off on making a decision until I could see the bike "in the flesh" and equally as important; "try it for size"and........... the seating position is amazing:jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm: there is the same room as the F4 , if not more due to the tank design; the level of quality beggars belief, simply stunning and the colour scheme is unique :mouthwate:mouthwate:mouthwate:mouthwate; the reality is this is the bargain of the biking century when you consider the price of the original F4 Oro; I am going to try and organise a test ride, will keep you posted on the outcome:jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Could you tell me the riding position/ posture of the F3 compared to the F4? I see that you mentioned the seating position and compared it to the F4. I haven't been able to sit on the F3 but have sat on the F4. I'm a small guy, 5' 7", and the sitting position is a little extreme for me on the F4. I've heard the F3 positioning is not as extreme as the F4 but not as comfortable as the CBR600RR...somewhere in between.

I'm contemplating it because I have a 2010 F4 for sale near me for that same price as the F3 would cost and trying to decide between getting the F4 or wait for the F3.

Your feedback would be appreciated since I take it that you had a chance to experience both models.

#6 ·
S, yes, I do have an F4 also; the rear sets on the Oro are adjustable however as delivered, for my 6ft 1 height, the bike felt extremely comfortable; the tank design also allows more room due to being slimmer and a higher top "indent" so your knees dont clash with it; the bars are also quite wide and not as extreme as the F4; executive summary: its a bike that I felt very at home on and I believe for the "shorter" troops:naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty: it possibly will fit even better :jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:

#10 ·
I'm 5'5 and the bike is a great fit. The fuel tank actually goes under the seat, although this reduces the space around the bike (for Starcom etc) it makes the balance and fit excellent. My other half has an F4 and is 5'11 - he said there was more room on the F3. I had an R6 and the tail was much higher on that and pitched you forward quite severely, the F3 is far less extreme.

#11 ·
Thanks Tallula. I've sat on the R6 and I know what you mean. I was tip toeing on the stock model and only felt comfortable when I sat on one that was dropped 2 inches!

I'm just getting impatient even though I have much more important things to take care of first. It doesn't help seeing you and Zico receive your bikes and us in the USA who were promised delivery in April sounds more like July but even that is just an estimation.

No real answers here from dealers which makes the matter worse. I don't think it would be that bad if I had a definate date set.

#17 ·
So they are just painted gold?

#20 ·
I have to admit i thought the F3 oro had mag swingarm etc, it does make you wonder a little where the extra money goes, a set of wheels, ohlins front and rear and some carbon, for $15k seems a little steep compared to standard bike. But compared to the F4 oro in the day it still seems a bargain.

James

#22 ·
if i get the F3 I plan to make my own ORO:

Magnesium swing arm
Forged Magnesium wheels (or maybe carbon...dunno yet)
TTX36 MKII shock
Ohlins FGRT forks
full race exhaust (Akrapovic full TI)
Engine blueprint
Slipper clutch
Full carbon race fairing
Carbon composite tank
and the usual bits (TI rearsets, race calipers and pads, steel braided lines, etc)

Only thing that will be missing...is the pretty gold frame :(

#25 ·
When I first saw the ORO 675 I was blown away by the build quality.:mouthwate

Then I compared the standard 675 at the side of it & was shocked to see the standard bike was appalling finished in comparison.:wtf:

So I think instead of fitting magnesium & lots of special bits they have concentrated more on putting it together correctly & with care. This is where I think the extra money has gone.

The standard bike is only okay imho in isolation but parked along side the ORO it is like night & day.

The standard 675 has NOT got the same build quality as the original F4.
That is why its £10k cheaper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.