MV Agusta Forum banner

Boat

16K views 249 replies 31 participants last post by  Donsy 
#1 ·
The hull is done. All 138 strips worth, one at a time. Have to pull out the staples (how the strips are held to the forms), sand, epoxy and glass the whole thing and then I can turn it over.

Still loving doing this and spend all day every day at it. Added a pic of the designer sailing one.

Boats rule and bikes suck.:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Attachments

See less See more
#80 ·
Bad penny turning up here. Some pics of the progress for my sweetheart Josh.

I called it "Bluefish" after my dog. Name is Blue but I call him bluefish, and anyway it's a boat in the water and all that. The name is done in gold leaf outlined in blue (of course) on a mahogany transom. Nice bling in my book.

That black thing sitting on the hull (pic is rotated to save Randafruity's neck) is the cradle which is mounted on a launching dolly and the boat sits in it. Also a place to put the hull once it's flipped over and the internal stuff gets done. I hate that thing and it took a long time to make it. Not "wax on wax off" but "epoxy on sand off".

Almost fired up the 250 today it was so nice out. Oh dear, I forgot. Bikes suck.

Cheers to all you guys-----

Later

Lee

Attachments

#85 ·
Nice looking ride there Lee.....
(Miss you Brotha'...and the wonderful Patty, too!)

#87 · (Edited)
Right side up for a change. The inside has a layer of carbon/kevlar hybrid coated with epoxy. Very strong stuff and really stiffened up the hull. The black strip down the center is CF to stiffen and reinforce the keel line.

Put in bulkhead #6 and the dagger board box today. Critical step as the board has to be in the right position or you end up with a bad weather/lee helm. It's installed using a filet of thickened epoxy with glass tape over that on all the joints.

Attachments

#88 ·
Now I know exactly where I'm going to take a dump....l,.thanks for posting old goat. :eek:nthecan:

#89 ·
Lee make sure to post some pictures of Randy taking a dump :wtf: and send some to the wife while you're at it. We can (although extremely gross) :)make fun of the pictures and the wife will do what you would want to...:thewife:

#91 ·
Damn, you do nice work. Hopefully Cin and I will see that bad boy in person this summer.

#93 ·
Very flattering guys but I'm not the man. Just someone who can't sit still and likes to make stuff.

Randadump- You are more than welcome to relieve yourself in my little boat. But only feces. No blood from your roids or intestinal polyps and you are not allowed to wipe when done. That's assuming you can get anything to come out of your blown out redeye other than some guy's load.

Why don't you make it when you bring the 15K and come to Pit for the Greenie, which you couldn't handle to begin with.

#94 ·
Randadump- You are more than welcome to relieve yourself in my little boat. But only feces. No blood from your roids or intestinal polyps and you are not allowed to wipe when done. That's assuming you can get anything to come out of your blown out redeye other than some guy's load.
:laughing::laughing: They say the truth hurts.... And by the sound of things Randy taking a dump would be extremely painful.

"blown out redeye" with some guys load!!!!

Lee.... I've missed your posts.

#98 ·
So that's where the $$ came from. She walked in here the other day with a brand new mink coat with sable trim that was on sale. Asked her if she charged it, which would not be the norm for her, and all she said was "I came into some money".

By the way the Greenie has been sold. Got 22K for it which was still a steal. So looks like you've got a sitch wi' Pottsy. Not my suff. That's what you get for going behind my back. Screwed. Ah hah hah hah ha. Dumb yokel.

#99 ·
Did the check clear? Did you get an email from Nigeria asking that you help the Assistant to the President facilitate the transfer of $18M? Did the Consulate agree to pay you $22K as a fee? :stickpoke

BTW, I saw Patty in the mink before you did......:naughty:

#102 · (Edited)
You old prevert. They oughta' use you for the definition of lecher. Was she wearing anything underneath it?

Months is right. I've got almost four of them into this thing and that's as far as I've gotten. Course I had to blow alot of time building the jig and cradle so actually it's only about 2.5 months for the boat itself. Work is going much faster now.

#103 ·
You old prevert.

What exactly is a prevert? I looked up per-vert and saw your picture. I couldn't find pre-vert anywhere in the dictionary.

Come on you old fool.......take my offer for the Green Monster........the money can be used to buy you medical help....:naughty:

#104 ·
Lee is claiming he sold it for $22K.......Randy, I think you are barking up the wrong tree. He just ain't gonno let you have it!!!

#105 ·
Lee also claims to be smart and good looking as well......:naughty:

#106 · (Edited)
The Green Monster really is a very cool bike, worthy of all the attention it's getting. I can't decide who is more deserving. The rightful owner, Lee, who designed and created this one-off machine, or Randy, our Bubba sponsor, the one responsible for bringing us all together, the collector of cool machines? It's a tough call.

I"m going to give this some thought. Once I've reached a decision, I'll let you both, (or, as Randy likes to say,..."y'all") know. My decision is final. No appeals. No crying. Lee, you can curse, but not at me.

#108 · (Edited)
Okay, I've figured it out:

Randy, you will buy the Green Monster for $58,342.00 dollars. Not to worry, the Green Monster comes with a hand-built sailboat. (A nice piece of craftsmanship, perhaps you've seen the pics?) Both the bike and the boat have a prescription attached to them, which is a legal term for the right to use without ownership. (analogous to an easement, but for personal property). Lee maintains the right to use both the bike and/or the boat whenever he sees fit. If he wants to use either the boat or the bike, you have to bring it to him, (or to some other pre-arranged locale), for that purpose.

The cost of transport will be divided equally between both parties. The only acceptable means of transport is CAG shipping. Carl will be paid $400.00/day plus expenses to transport the bike and/or boat to Lee's chosen location, (location must be within the contigious 48 states).

Lee, you're responsible for feeding and entertaining Randy and his entourage, (limit of 4 persons, including Carl), for the duration of the wait and return. Said entertainment will include at least 2 surf and turf dinners and one movie. A walk in the woods is optional and can be substituted for the movie if all parties agree.

The prescription owned by Lee is worth $48,342.00 dollars. If the bike and/or the boat are damaged beyond repair while in Randy's possession, Randy will pay Lee the full value of the prescription. If the damage is not a total loss, Randy can repair the damage at his own cost. Any issues about the quality of repair work done will be resolved by CAG and Ade. Their decision is final, but, (once again), Lee is free to curse all he wants.

If the bike and/or boat are damaged while in Lee's possession, Lee will return to Randy the full purchase price of $58,342.00 dollars, or alternately, spend the next 4 years returning the machine(s) to their original pristine quality.

If Randy decides to sell the bike and/or the boat, he must pay Lee the value of the prescription.

Any appreciation or depreciation in the aforementioned assets will be realized by Randy as the true owner.

Lee is not allowed to operate either the Green Monster or the sailboat naked. Appropriate attire is required. If either machine is returned to Randy with skid marks, Lee will be responsible for paying Randy $486.00 dollars in depreciation for each skid mark. Said cleaning of aforementioned skid marks will be performed by either Lance or Mike, at Lee's discretion. Lance and Mike will be paid $4.00 dollars/hour for this task.

Any issues with the attorney who brokered this deal are moot. Take that smack to Ed.

#109 ·
Elton, I want you on my contract team!

#110 ·
(Although that now values BOTH the boat and the BIKE at a TOTAL of $10K differential.)

#111 ·
Why.......Bless Your Heart Elton. Thank you very much for the professional pontificating on said matter. I'll take your advice, plus one US dollar, and buy a cup of coffee from the Waffle House, after specifically requesting a waitress with all her own teeth.

I was in until you devalued said vehicles to the tune of $486 per skid mark.........dahamn man, where did you come up with that? By my estimation, you left off two zeros per skid mark. Not to worry, I am negotiating with the only member of the Halverson family with any semblance of a brain.......Patty.

#112 ·
Well written Elton! Where do I sign? One Caveat though- You must be present to witness the transaction and ensure that fucking Georgia whack job doesn't pull a fast one.

Prevert is my way of bastardizing the English language which I love to do. Also big on "Popeye talk" which drives Miss Patty nuts. Especially in public. Cant's stan's na mores of Randaprevert's bullshits. Pays up or shuts ups.

#113 ·
Hey, where's the pictures of my new boat? Put up, or shut up......

(kidding here, but I really do want to see updated shots)

#117 ·
Nope....I'll listen to all the smack and tell the parties involved where they can take their complaints....:later:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.