MV Agusta Forum banner

F4 Oil cooler ?

2K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  gotojoe 
#1 ·
I bought this. It was sold as an F2010 + oil cooler. It doesn't look like an oil cooler to me...Can anybody give me an idea if there is one like this on their F4. Thos big intakes look like water pipes ?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Brutale oil cooler looks like that.

Dons, lot's of bike use radiator style oil coolers.

#8 ·
Oh shxt..Now I'll get a rollocking for posting in the wrong section ; ))

Donsy , I haven't actually got it yet. Heres a better picture.

Im looking at the intake/out pipe ..look more like for water than oil ?

Looks like a decent size if it is an oil cooler....
Heck Joe
If that's a oil cooler, then it's big and awesome.

#6 ·
No Don's ....my 910R has an oil cooler mounted below the radiator....that looks kind of like that on in Joe's picture.

#9 · (Edited)
We'll see tomoro. I have my 2010 project set up off the bike at moment so I'll be able to see how things line up...
It looks like it fits under a 2010 rad tho...can't see any Brutale anywhere looking like it,,,

I have a theory it is for 2010 + F4s which haven't got a top rad cross over/transfer pipe fitted to the bottom of the rad. The 2010 rad has a bottom hose outlet on the bot left which would be used to take cooled coolant out at the " bottom hose" position. All the 2010 rads i have seen to date have that outlet bunged up.

This could be a good way of doing it as having no transfer pipe there is a bigger surface area on the oil cooler..

#12 ·
Huh

I don't get what you're saying Joe. I/we know the MY 10 F4's have an oil cooler at the bottom, how do you now figure this rad comes from a MY10 F4, am I missing something, all the parts list's for the F4's share the same radiator and oil cooler combo.

I know Ed must be away from his glasses so that sort's the Brutale option. :naughty:
I also know lots of bikes use radiator style oil coolers, I use one from a Ducati on my #2 bike.:stickpoke
And I realise that oil coolers usually use screw on fittings because of pressure.

What I asked was, whether the veins/channels on oil coolers are thicker/bigger than the veins/channels on radiators, purely because the oil is thicker? So if I took a F4 lower radiator, changed the fittings on it, can we use it for oil cooling? :cry:

I have no idea where that radiator come's from, but it aint MV man :)

Attachments

#17 ·
Donsy;
no Ed was thinking the shape of Gina's muff, not the shape of a Brutale oil cooler which is rectangular and curved (or bent if you will):stickpoke:stickpoke

Yeah...I was thinking of the cover....My brain gets fuzzy sometimes when I'm away from home working...Early symptoms of dementia I think...:wtf:

Attachments

#14 ·
"I have no idea where that radiator come's from, but it aint MV man "

I think you could well be on to something there Donsy ; )

There are two ebay sellers selling them...One in Germany and one in Italy. They are both listing as Oil cooler for MV Agusta F4 2010-2012.

Of course one could have got things totally wrong and the other could well just have read the eBay blurb and be following them along the wrong path ; )

I can always send it back if its no use but I probably wont as I know that something is awry..

joe :)

#16 · (Edited)
Cheers Sean.

I have a couple of 2010 F4 oil coolers here and yes very different.

I just wondered if the item is a variant I hadn't seen before. It looks now like a water cooler of some sort.

I didnt pay big bucks for it..

Edit,

Donsy,

I just visually compared the "correct" 2010 water rad and oil cooler and the oil cooler galleries/tubes are way thicker than the water cooler ..approx 3 times..no need to measure as such as they have a much bigger bore.

joe

#18 ·
Cheers Sean.

I have a couple of 2010 F4 oil coolers here and yes very different.

I just wondered if the item is a variant I hadn't seen before. It looks now like a water cooler of some sort.

I didnt pay big bucks for it..

Edit,

Donsy,

I just visually compared the "correct" 2010 water rad and oil cooler and the oil cooler galleries/tubes are way thicker than the water cooler ..approx 3 times..no need to measure as such as they have a much bigger bore.

joe
Thanks Joe :)

Yeah...I was thinking of the cover....My brain gets fuzzy sometimes when I'm away from home working...Early symptoms of dementia I think...:wtf:
Haha, funny man :naughty:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.