MV Agusta Forum banner

06 Brutale Won't Start

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  cdamb 
#1 ·
I put new spark plugs in my Brutale and have everything put back together but I can't get it started. It turns over but acts like there is no fuel getting to the intake. I double checked connections and fuses. The fuel pump is running, I can hear it and see the fuel moving around. When the power commander 3 powers up it goes thru a sequence then the - FUEL (negative fuel) led stays. I don't really know the inner workings of the PC3 but it tells me no fuel is present to start the bike or the + FUEL led would be on. I pulled the number 4 spark plug and it was dry but the center electrode looks like it some carbon on it, meaning the spark plugs were firing. I tried turning the key and leaving it on to see if the system would pressurize but it does not make any difference.

If anyone has any suggestions let me know. I was think if there was a way to "prime" the injectors maybe it would start. When I stored it last winter I drain all the gas out because I thought I might replace the gas fittings but with summer weather in March " I just want to ride". I don't know if it would be smart or safe to pour a small amount of gas in throttle body to see if it would start. Any help would be appreciated. Marty

#6 ·
Sure enough, I took an inspection mirror and flashlight and one of the hoses is loose. I didn't think the fuel was supposed to churn like that. It's a fountain in there, thanks for the heads up. For now I probably will replace all the lines and put real hose clamps instead of the crimped ones.

#7 ·
The crimped ones are good but make sure you replace the lines with ones that are meant to be submersible in fuel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.