MV Agusta Forum banner

Second!!!

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  firedancer 
#1 ·
So we have a new topic section here!!!

Just got Michelin Power Pures for my 750 SPR track bike. Mounted on the Marchesini ultra-light forged aluminum wheels....very light combo!!! should make the handling really crisp (I hope).

Had to go with a 120/60-17 front as there is no 120/65 (as called for on the 750 SPR). Figure I'll set the ride height and have a spin. Should turn in pretty quick I imagine, with the slightly smaller front.

Thoughts boys????

When these are toast I think I'll try the Power One Race (if I can afford them) Medium rear and medium/soft front.....

Or maybe I'll try the Bridgestone BT003R....I got a set of those for my SV650, but the new owner is going to try them out since I just mounted them and sold the bike!!!

#2 ·
Congratulations on the sale of the SV. Pity you had to get rid of the "factory ride". Somewhere here you can find the factory settings for the SPR. They were different from the 750s that came before it.

I have them, I'll see if I can find them.

#4 ·
I thought about sticking with the 70, but read that contact with lower radiator under heavy suspension compression could be a problem, and didn't want to raise the bike up in the front any higher.

Let's hope I stay away from any impact on the tracks....had enough of that last year!!! :banghead:

#9 ·
I remember a few years ago trying to fit a 120/70 front on a 750 F4. The 70 section tire interfered and rubbed on the leading edge of the bodywork when the front wheel was turned and the forks just slightly compressed. So we had to get a 65 section tire. I don't remember what brand and model tire it was. It may have been a Dunlop which are notoriously tall. We never had a interference problem with any 120/70 tires on the 1000 F4. Something must be slightly different between the 1000 and the 750 - and i don't think the 750 was lowered or anything like that.

I thought about sticking with the 70, but read that contact with lower radiator under heavy suspension compression could be a problem, and didn't want to raise the bike up in the front any higher.

Let's hope I stay away from any impact on the tracks....had enough of that last year!!! :banghead:

#5 · (Edited)
I run 120/70 in front and 200/60 at the rear - Pirelli - slick's.
Pressure off the tyre warmer after one warm-up session is 27psi rear and 32psi front.
SC 1 front and SC2 rear.
Must add this, the new generation Pirelli's are way better than before.

I use the Catalyst Composites front fendor to get past tyre and tyre warmer clearence issue's.

I use AGO OEM front spring and tubes with a radial brake set-up (7.5W oil - 5mm smaller than stock air gap), or 1000R OEM front end (5W oil with 10mm smaller air gap).

Rear shock is OEM Sach's.:jsm:

I avoid Bridgestone like the plague (they hurt you ED), but loved the Michelin's, just can't afford them.

Swing-arm pivot is either 4mm up or 2mm down, depending on track.

#6 ·
My tires are round and black. I had white walls on m

#7 ·
I just took off the white wall tires and now run black walls.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.