MV Agusta Forum banner

part number for steering head bearings

4K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Donsy 
#1 ·
Anyone got part numbers for the steering head bearings - my dealer says I have to replace the complete steering stem and I see the bearings arent listed as a seperate part no. Mines a 2001 F4 750

#2 ·
#3 ·
If you have a Ducati dealer near you, then the bearing used on the 916/996/998 is the same as used by MV and can be bought separately... About £9 each.

Dons.. He's correct in saying that MV do not sell these bearings seperately and they can only be bought as part of the steering tube.. Same as the hub bearing situation..

#5 ·
750, if you use the search function for "rear hub" you will find scads of information on the rear hubs/failures/bearings...etc.

#6 ·
Conversely, you could talk with Noel the Knurl or Mitch....search Mitchy Hub

#8 ·
I initally thought it may have been a clearance difference, but I did a little research and found the difference to be the R3 has a groove to fit an o-ring on the inner race and the R2 doesn't.

I can't see how the o-ring would make any difference in the steering head application.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.