MV Agusta Forum banner

Your favorite aftermarket gas cap

2K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  MVAGOGO 
#1 · (Edited)
The previous owner put a Hong Kong BS cap on this beautiful F4. It does not vent and it often sprays fuel when opened. Who has an aftermarket gascap that they really love. I want a quick release and I'm looking at the TamboCorse or the EvoTech, anybody have recommendations?

In hindsight, I know this should have been in the customizing section. If someone could take it upon themselves to move it I would be appreciative.

#5 ·
Yeah, I think I will go with the Tamburini. I talked with Al at Design Corse and he says for MY 2010 that the Evo caps are better with the plastic tank and venting, but I have an 07' and I like the Tamburini styling more.

#12 ·
I ended up going with the Carbon inlay Tamburini Corse cap, same as Chuck has. I think it will go best with the Black/anthycryte/red of my 07R. I hadn't seen the carbon inlay cap before I looked through the link Castle posted, thanks Dave. Alex at Gutsy Preformance had one, and shipped it out on Thursday. I ordered the locking cap, but will buy the GP quick release cap on the next go around. Thanks for all the options and opinions, you guys never disappoint.

It will eventually come out similar to this

Attachments

#14 · (Edited)
Got it today and installed it pretty quick. I have to say between the old Hong Kong POS that the previous owner installed, and this gascap, there is a huge difference in the ascthetics of the motorcycle, more than I ever would've thought. So the fact that I am very very pleased goes without saying, thanks for everyone's input and links, I really appreciated all the forum help in the decision of this small piece of my Agusta.

It's not a great pic and the photo really doesn't do it justice. It looks amazing

Attachments

#15 ·
Ian, I just posted some helpful hints in the What did you do....thread. That key fob will need some attention, unless they've changed designs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.