MV Agusta Forum banner

MVF3 club racer

15K views 81 replies 24 participants last post by  Velocemoto 
#1 ·
I've moved this from the F3 forum down to here for easier tracking...

Pictures:

I need to move the lap timer as it's not getting good GPS reception where it is. I have a fork mount on order

The previously mentioned heat damage

Out of the box on factory suspension (I haven't even fiddled with the suspension yet) it is really looking after the tyres

So it has had the exhaust valve cables removed, carbon instrument mount and air ducts fitted, rearsets, vortex clip ons, home made rear subframe, GPX laptimer wired in, lockwired, coolant drained, and Pirelli SC's fitted.

All the road gear is sitting nicely bubble wrapped in a box in storage. I'm keeping an eye open for a red/silver wrteck I can put back on the road like new and sell.

Planning:
Exhaust, ecu, Q/S and later some suspension mods. Oh and a steering damper and possibly a slipper clutch. You know. Just everything.

See less See more
#5 ·
Oh yeah, and a quick note on this:
I'm currently putting this down to the 'softer' clutch rubbers they put in for all the pansy woolley woofters who bitched about the below 4500rpm fuelling.

This is me eating my words.

The tech at the MV shop i got my bike from informed me it would be much WORSE if not for the woolley woofters.

Oops.

#6 ·
Thanks Greg

That helps a lot mate.

We are looking at the Catalyst gear from the USA for bodywork, as I have been using their gear for some time, just the price of shipping from the USA is a killer, will have to look into that as I need a new set too.

We will be in touch with WPR about the rearsets, not too worried about the rear brake re-location yet, will see what comes about there.

I asked about the OEM chain because it sounded like your gearing was a bit on the tall side on that track, we will keep to stock as a starter with +2 on the back.

My customer/mate wants the slipper clutch so we will head down that road for sure.

We are looking at the Arrows pipe to go on the MV Race header for a start but time will tell, I would like to keep 3 pipes for sure.

#7 ·
Keen to hear how the slipper goes when it gets out there.

Im waiting for WPR's stainless exhaust set which will be similar to stock in the muffler exit.

Yeah my gearing was way to tall for short track. Stock is probably spot on for Philip island.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Motorcycle.com App

#8 ·
I was toying with the idea of getting the quick shifter for my bike. But I run a race shift, which means the switch goes from being a 'pull' type to a 'push'.

There does not appear to be any option with the MV one, anyone got any ideas?

Is it possible to buy a 'generic' switch with the appropriate shift rod length and wire up a suitable plug?

#9 · (Edited)
I was toying with the idea of getting the quick shifter for my bike. But I run a race shift, which means the switch goes from being a 'pull' type to a 'push'.

There does not appear to be any option with the MV one, anyone got any ideas?

Is it possible to buy a 'generic' switch with the appropriate shift rod length and wire up a suitable plug?
It should not be a problem.

It's a 3-wire we will be going with the Cordona Strain Gauge, you can teach the gauge which way you shift up in the box, one unit does it all. Just need to check what voltage the ECU is using next time I'm near the bike.

Have you been able to get hold of a workshop manual yet Greg ?

#11 ·
#12 ·
Haven't even looked for a manual yet.

I'd found this bloke:
http://www.danosperformance.com/quick_shifter_switch.htm

and did look at the Cordona variety as well, is this the one you are looking at?
http://www.cordona.net/gpsgswitch.htm

This is a bit new to me, so any info you can share on what has to be considered in setting one up (either type) would be appreciated. PM me if you want to keep it off the books.
The Danos will not work as the MV unit uses 3-wires, if you look at the Oro wiring drawing, one wire is a earth and the one goes straight back to the ECU, the 3rd lines comes from the ECU via the tilt-over switch and the wheel sensor (feed I imagine). So Cordona would be more up to the task. Are you in Queensland - give this bloke a ring, very helpfull - https://www.quicklapperformance.com.au/ -

#22 ·
Cheers chaps. I even won $25 at that round! Surprised? ME TOO!

Veloce - i prefer everything from bay 13 to the front straight. But it's a nice challenging little track.

Rob - do it. You won't regret it at all. Ever. Dooooooo eeeeeeetttttttt /shakes fist

#23 ·
Cheers chaps. I even won $25 at that round! Surprised? ME TOO!

Veloce - i prefer everything from bay 13 to the front straight. But it's a nice challenging little track.

Rob - do it. You won't regret it at all. Ever. Dooooooo eeeeeeetttttttt /shakes fist

Good work Greg :yo:

This post has been deleted
This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.