2006 Harley Davidson V-Rod Street Rod
2003 Yamaha YZF-R1
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchsport View Post
Heart warming story.

I love the old 60s and 70s muscle cars.
Me too.
I would be veeery happy to own a challenger. But I'm not sure how to do it in Europe.
I've seen American muscle cars(and not only-huge old Cadillac around my neighborhood, owned by a Texan) in Paris and Barcelona, but whenever I had the chance to talk with an owner, he was either an American or I was given incoherent information, reluctantly I might add. Dodgy situation?

Anyhow in Paris we have many cinemas/clubs dedicated to old movies/classics(apart from the "normal" ones) and a couple weeks ago I attended a tribute to road movies.
Only to reignite my latent desires, I saw again one of my favorites:

Vanishing Point (1971)

Vanishing Point (1971) - IMDb
Attached Images

Nes

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 09:22 PM

One of my favorite movies (except for the depressing end). But a lot of good car chases involving the Challenger plus all the interesting characters he meets on the way (including the naked chick on the motorcycle!).

I just picked up another Challenger (previously had an R/T and a Scat Pack). This is a '15 SRT Hellcat.....in my favorite color (sublime) and of course, with three pedals, as any true muscle car should have!

'07 MV Agusta F4 1000R
'97 Ducati 916
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 12:33 AM

Vanishing point

A friend grew up in southern Utah where some of the movie was filmed. During the scene with the single lane bridge and the jag that crashes into the river, he jumped up and said "that's the dirty devil river just outside hanksville".
So I found it on the map and rode my motorcycle there. A new highway has bypassed around it, but you take a dirt road about half mile off the main highway and you can see where the bridge used to be where they filmed it. The hotel in goldfield Nevada where the radio broadcast from is still there. Cisco, the town with the bulldozers at the end of of the movie is off I70 about 70 miles west of the Colorado Utah border, most of the buildings have fallen down though.

2005 F4
The Following User Says Thank You to gen2rt For This Useful Post:
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen2rt View Post
A friend grew up in southern Utah where some of the movie was filmed. During the scene with the single lane bridge and the jag that crashes into the river, he jumped up and said "that's the dirty devil river just outside hanksville".
So I found it on the map and rode my motorcycle there. A new highway has bypassed around it, but you take a dirt road about half mile off the main highway and you can see where the bridge used to be where they filmed it. The hotel in goldfield Nevada where the radio broadcast from is still there. Cisco, the town with the bulldozers at the end of of the movie is off I70 about 70 miles west of the Colorado Utah border, most of the buildings have fallen down though.

Cool....I'd love to make a road trip out west and check all that stuff out (in the Challenger of course).

'07 MV Agusta F4 1000R
'97 Ducati 916
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportBikeMike View Post
One of my favorite movies (except for the depressing end). But a lot of good car chases involving the Challenger plus all the interesting characters he meets on the way (including the naked chick on the motorcycle!).

I just picked up another Challenger (previously had an R/T and a Scat Pack). This is a '15 SRT Hellcat.....in my favorite color (sublime) and of course, with three pedals, as any true muscle car should have!
Nice car!
The scene with the naked woman riding is amazingly done. To me it conveyed all the intended feelings(era, eroticism, freedom, expression, etc.).
I wasn't even born back then, so...only through art, bikes and cars.

Nes

post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

Vanishing Point Girl

Attached Images

Nes

post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesca View Post
Nice car!
The scene with the naked woman riding is amazingly done. To me it conveyed all the intended feelings(era, eroticism, freedom, expression, etc.).
I wasn't even born back then, so...only through art, bikes and cars.

Nes, thanks!

Yeah that's definitely ranks up there with one of my favorite movie scenes. I was very young when that movie came out, so I didn't actually see it until maybe 10 years ago. I think Road & Track had an article regarding the new Challenger featuring the main actor, Barry Newman, and that sparked my interest and I picked up the Dvd.

'07 MV Agusta F4 1000R
'97 Ducati 916
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 08:41 PM
Big Randaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportBikeMike View Post
Amen Bubba.......I love the idea of a six speed Hellcat. I'm not sure I'd actually love the car, but I do love the idea!

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode