post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2016, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

TV 2017 changes

Fresh from Milan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turismo Veloce 2016
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 08:20 PM

Sounds like they are taking care of upgrading weak parts. I might have to have a test drive once they come out to check if they drive better and less noisy.

2016 TVL
Las Vegas NV
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 01:40 PM

I think the 2016 TVL is a classic bike that will not date. I do not think they can improve on the looks of a bike that is so beautiful. Sure, I would like improved parts for reliability. I am hoping mine will go 100,000 miles.

Terry_________________________________________
Tecumseh Minibike, SL 70, KE 100, XR250L, KLR650, ST800, XR650L, 525EXC, 450EXC, GS1200R, 2016 TVL 800
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-17-2016, 07:00 AM

It's interesting, all this talk of refining the bike and sorting out some weak spots.

I wonder whether it'll end up like the Multistrada, with some people preferring more character, rather than a bike with less mechanical 'fizz' and a smoother response.

Personally, on my test ride I noticed many of the characteristics addressed by the update, but once I got the bike home they seemed incidental to the character and performance.

I also wonder how much of it is sales puff because of the Euro 4 requirements? Heavier, less power (more torque of course, but can you feel it?) smoother engine with less character.

MV Turismo Veloce Lusso
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-17-2016, 07:37 AM Thread Starter

I wouldn't mind less noise and vibration in low gear - new sprocket can solve this I hope. Gearbox is fine so far. Tires are great, I will stick to Scorpion 2. Passanger seat is not my worry. Everything else I am not sure if I could feel any difference. What do you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turismo Veloce 2016
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-17-2016, 08:15 AM

New Site Garage
Small improvements arguably making the bike a little better and improving reliability. Not a bad thing as such and part and parcel of post launch product development, AKA let the users be our final test riders... All manufacturers do it.

Worth the cost of change for existing users? Not on your life, it's a dammed fine bike as it is thanks.

I would like to see them put the same effort into spares availability and warranty work... For them though that aspect of being a motorcycle manufacturer is far less important than sexy new models

Chas
Turismo Veloce Lusso
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-17-2016, 12:26 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
well, the TVL is pretty good and I'm really happy with her!! Tomorrow I will get new tires (Metzler Roadtec 01) and still waiting for the comfort seats and other parts ... maybe for Christmas.. or maybe for easter??
I ordered the parts (warranty) in July..... so MV should work on that!! And not on an "new" model of TV...

Gero

Last edited by Gero HH; 11-18-2016 at 01:21 AM.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-17-2016, 02:45 PM

This is the downside of getting a first year edition, you watch as sometimes significant improvement are made. But these seem like refinements rather than corrections of deficiencies. I can find nothing to complain about on my TVL. Can they make a very smooth bike even smoother? Probably, yes.

I'm waiting two months already for a couple of little replacement screws so I can reattach the front hugger. Pretty dismal service from MV.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-17-2016, 06:25 PM
Established Member

A few minor changes, and a few fixes to defects cheekily claimed as improvements:
Cylinder head/valve guide improvements - maybe as a result of the failues reported on the F3 sports models
Enhanced started system - maybe addresses sprag clutch failures?
New expansion tank - improved quality and reliability - maybe now it wont piss coolant out if you dare to top it up within 5mm of the minimum line.
I've replaced the Scorpions with Metzeler Roadtec 01 which are much nicer tyres particularly in the wet.

Interesting no mention of other faults/issues many of us are aware of - poor main beam headlight pattern, have they made the combined dipped with main wiring mod standard? Auto day/night panel illumination. I notice that option doesn't appear now after m bike had some work done, must have been a SW update to remove. Bluetooth issues not resolved, can't get the phonebook to work and now also find it very difficult to answer calls. Enhanced indicators that are actually waterproof.

However, still good to see they are refining the product.

Neville
Turismo Veloce
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-17-2016, 07:40 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by r6ymy View Post
Enhanced indicators that are actually waterproof.
My replacement rear indicators, that were fitted as warranty replacements due to the old ones filling with water and failing, filled with water again after the next wet ride.

I drilled 1mm holes in the bottom of them, the level was still almost half way up the lens the next day. The water drained out quite quickly. Didn't plug the holes and they've been fine ever since despite a few more wet rides. Have some alternative ones on the shelf in case they finally give up the ghost.

Chas
Turismo Veloce Lusso

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode