Headlight dim and bright upgrade - Page 3 - MVAgusta.net
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 07:57 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpkin View Post
These adapters are available from here > MV Agusta Turismo Headlight Upgrade, Dip & Mainbeam Simultaneously | eBay if your dealer can't get them.
I got this part, and will get it mounted very soon. Hopefully it will bring enough improvement, so I won't need additional lights (doing key week-ends usually early season and end season, and having a good lightning is key for me).

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 07:59 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcSilverTriple View Post
I got this part, and will get it mounted very soon. Hopefully it will bring enough improvement, so I won't need additional lights (doing key week-ends usually early season and end season, and having a good lightning is key for me).
Marc, you can test what the result will be like before fitting, or even buying (too late in your case), the adapter. Holding down the pass/flasher switch whilst on low bean gives exactly what you'll get on high beam once it's fitted.

Is it the best light ever fitted to a motorcycle? No it isn't. Is it an improvement over the standard high beam? Yes, I would say that it is. For the relatively low cost and considering that it's an official factory part I would, IMHO, say that it's money well spent.

For a lot of night time riding and/or if you commute all year round then you'll probably want some axillary lighting as well.

Chas
MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 01:12 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Quote:
Marc, you can test what the result will be like before fitting, or even buying (too late in your case), the adapter. Holding down the pass/flasher switch whilst on low bean gives exactly what you'll get on high beam once it's fitted.

Is it the best light ever fitted to a motorcycle? No it isn't. Is it an improvement over the standard high beam? Yes, I would say that it is. For the relatively low cost and considering that it's an official factory part I would, IMHO, say that it's money well spent.

For a lot of night time riding and/or if you commute all year round then you'll probably want some axillary lighting as well.
Chas,

I tested it this way. Probably not at the level of my 955i Daytona MY2000 after it was properly set up (lightning was very good on this bike), but at least it should be acceptable. On the long run, I may have to consider additional lights as well, but if the requirement arise, it will be later during the year (October/November, while ending the season)... Days getting longer, and at the end of the month, we will switch hours. I'll have some time to decide (NB: most of the riders I'm going with on week-ends have German tools (big ugly motorbikes, with a duck face :-) ) with lot of them using additional lights. I'm still not sure I'll need additional lights... Will see).

I'm still trying to get the connector fitted this thursday, as I have my first week-end of the year (will be in Ardèche) this week-end. I'm sure it will be better than what it is currently

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 01:40 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
I placed this five light LED bar with some custom made brackets I cut in my shop. The brackets had to be thin enough, like 1.5mm in width, to fit into the lower fork clamps gap. I bent the mending plates into place while fitting the light.
For the connection, the yellow wire going to the headlight is the low beam running light. and only removed the display to have a clean install.
It was less than twenty dollars for everything and the lights are superbright. I decided to do this before dropping $500 for the Clearwater lights.

I wanted something that looked clean, did not come off of the bottom of the forks and turned with the wheel. I will try it out tonight and give some feedback.

I tried for thirty minutes to get my photos straight up with square and rotating. It is about a 100mb transfer. ugh Any ideas?
Attached Images

Terry_________________________________________
Tecumseh Minibike, SL 70, KE 100, XR250L, KLR650, ST800, XR650L, 525EXC, 450EXC, GS1200R, 2016 TVL 800
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Terrys409; 03-09-2017 at 12:09 PM.
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 02:27 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Hi All,

Mounting the connector tomorrow, expecting to be able to use the bike on anything else than highway at night starting tomorrow. This week-end going for an early week-end in Ardèche, and I should able to assess requirement or not for additional lights from this week-end (if you want an idea of the type of roads I'll be going this week-end, have a look into this video
, that will give a fair idea if you remove the snow and reduce the speed...)

Marc - Nice roads ahead :-)

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 09:50 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
It is super bright so I am sure its adds a measure of safety. The light is a bit diffuse but it has its intended affect of lighting the way into a turn. I am sure Clearwater lights are more focused, but for the difference, I will stay with these.

Tecumseh Minibike, SL 70, KE 100, XR250L, KLR650, ST800, XR650L, 525EXC, 450EXC, GS1200R, 2016 TVL 800
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 01:33 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Quick update after a week-end with the new connector in place.

It's MUCH better. Actually I'm not sure I'll need additional lights, as the lightning is quite good with the update. I would not say it's like running a day, but it's no longer having the impression being blind.

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 02:51 AM

New Site Garage
Glad to hear that Marc. I agree that it's a definite improvement and for the relatively modest cost and and ease of fitting a very worthwhile upgrade.

It would be interesting to know if the 2017 model comes with this from the factory.
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 11:05 AM

Quote:
I was at Ed Cosker's last week and Jamie, their tech, told me that he has now perfected his technique on the install of these (mine was the first) and can do them in 10-15 minutes. He said that the nose cone doesn't actually need to come off, it's fiddly but doable. TBH, nose cone removal isn't that hard, just lots of those tiny screws, but maybe worth trying before you get that stage. If you find yourself struggling then remove it anyway.
Thanks a ton Bumpkin for the detailed instructions on fitting the headlight upgrade. Much appreciated. Till I got to the wiring I did not realise the new cable was a replacement for an existing connection not an addition. Dont think I could have done it so easily without your photographs.
post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 01:52 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
From the US, I am dialing 011 61 88541 0390. Is this right? I am getting a sound like a fax tone. Does anyone know if Ed has any high low beam connectors left?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode