Stradale vs TV for 2up - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Stradale vs TV for 2up

Hi All,

Im starting to look at a 2nd bike for 2up rides (day and overnight) for me and the better half. I currently own a Brutale 990R LE - which there is no way im getting rid off, or putting the pillion pegs back on

My lovely girl (no, not the Brutale) is a little taller than me and has been blessed with a long set of legs and we have sat on the TV (not taken it for a ride tho) and because of the rider/pillion seat height difference, added with her hight difference to me - she feels she sits too high up.

The only other real option is the Stradale - which i like. I have never ridden the Stradale (or the Rivale for that matter), but do like seating position on the Ducati Hypermotard (what a cool hoon machine).

My questions are: Any comments on the Stradale if someone has a taller partner? and whats the luggage like for 2up for overnight (and longer) trips? e.g. do you need a pack rack on the rear etc. Plus any other general comments in terms of 2up riding?

Thanks

Simon

Cheers, Simon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Brutale 990R LE - Number 121/500 (Current)
Kawasaki Z1000 (Sold)
Brutale 910R (Crashed)
Honda VTR 250 (Sold)

New Zealand MV Owners Group: For more info, go to the NZMV our website
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to join our mailing list & find us on Facebook.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 10:06 AM

New Site Garage
TV all the way

You need to ride the Stradale, if your tall forget it (small feeling bike). The TV is your best choice between these bikes. Ride them and within a coupe miles you will feel the difference. Don't be fooled when sitting on TV, when your riding in motion with 2up and luggage the bike will not be in same position. Also ride the TVL, you can tune in suspension to your comfort level.

No one is going to ruin this day for me!

Last edited by franka65; 04-12-2017 at 10:17 AM. Reason: miss
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 03:22 PM

New Site Garage
Can't help with the taller mrs bit, mines shorter than me and I'm only 5'8" but she says when the panniers are on the bike it's difficult to get the balls of her feet onto the pegs, the panniers push her feet forward and she has to sit with her heels on the pegs.

It does seem a bit odd the Stradale. The bike fits me perfectly until I stop, I am a bit short in the leg for it, and have to shift to one side to get a foot flat on the ground, but suspect if I had longer legs I might feel a little cramped when my feet are on the pegs, especially as the seat shape doesn't allow you to shift your position much?

It is a hoon to ride though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 04:41 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by greminn View Post
Hi All,

Im starting to look at a 2nd bike for 2up rides (day and overnight) for me and the better half. I currently own a Brutale 990R LE - which there is no way im getting rid off, or putting the pillion pegs back on

My lovely girl (no, not the Brutale) is a little taller than me and has been blessed with a long set of legs and we have sat on the TV (not taken it for a ride tho) and because of the rider/pillion seat height difference, added with her hight difference to me - she feels she sits too high up.

The only other real option is the Stradale - which i like. I have never ridden the Stradale (or the Rivale for that matter), but do like seating position on the Ducati Hypermotard (what a cool hoon machine).

My questions are: Any comments on the Stradale if someone has a taller partner? and whats the luggage like for 2up for overnight (and longer) trips? e.g. do you need a pack rack on the rear etc. Plus any other general comments in terms of 2up riding?

Thanks

Simon
I did have some hesitations between the TV and the Stradale myself. I did not tried the Stradale, except in static position. I found myself in a shorter position towards the handlebar on the Stradale. I found it also higher (few millimeters) than the TV. I could have tried, but one thing that was key in my choice was Fuel tank and load capacity, and in those areas, the TV is a much better choice. Ultimately, you have to try the bikes for what you intend, and you may need to try for a long ride: confort is another key argument for the TV.

Hope it helps and good luck in your choice

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 06:07 AM

I have a Dragster and needed second bike for 2up. I tried both of bikes.. Stradale is very small and for long tracks very bad..
Attached Images

MV Agusta Dragster 800 CR
MV Agusta Turismo Veloce

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode