Genuine stradale top box - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

Genuine stradale top box

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help? I've managed to get hold of a genuine mv stradale top box but I'm struggling to get the proper mounting kit, I've spoke to Paul Glassup at Benetts and he's trying his best but admitted that's where their struggling, I also have a givi universal mounting kit but that doesn't quite fit either. Any help getting the right kit would be very much appreciated thanks!
P.s I've also emailed givi who made the luggage but had no reply as yet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 01:48 PM

New Site Garage
I was watching that but decided I wasn't going to take a chance on a top box that I might never be able to fit? The seller said something about the monolock mount needed "modifying" to fit to the top box and then it also needed mounting to the bike somehow? Worth a punt for £20 but not £100

Seeing that I looked at what exactly the MV mount involved and it was pretty extensive with grab handles, support frame and different under tray and that's when I decided against it. I was also concerned bodging on the Givi mount would encroach on the pillion seat and worried if the Mrs was on the back and she leaned against the top box back pad it might break off?

You could try contacting Perth Motorcycles in Scotland, they had a top box and proper mounting kit on eBay in January which didn't sell, they did want £500 for it though?

Interested in anything that Sucks, Bangs and Blows!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ackers For This Useful Post:
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 03:53 PM Thread Starter

I'm hoping Paul at Bennetts can track a fitting kit down and have emailed givi themselves to see what they say, so fingers crossed it can be sorted! I don't plan on selling the bike anytime soon as I absolutley love it, and if I can get the mounting kit I'm sure when the time comes to sell I'll get my money back as it'll obviously be quite a rare part if they really are that difficult to get the mounting kit, but totally agree £500 is crazy money for a top box!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 04:40 PM

New Site Garage
List price is ove £600! They sold very few Stradale's and no doubt even fewer of the top boxes. lol

Interested in anything that Sucks, Bangs and Blows!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 04:38 AM Thread Starter

I can imagine they sold hardly any at £600 a go that's crazy money!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode