brembo front brakes,need advise - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012, 02:09 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy brembo front brakes,need advise

ok,now guys need your help,my front brakes make a loud groaning noise when coming in hot then stopping,groaning noise just about when stopped,do i need to replace my front brake rotor,now I have changed pads,re bled the lines,or do i have them machined,or just buy new ones,now tony has the 1090 and his brakes are just awesome ,touchy and grip.

cheers eddy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012, 03:50 AM

Have you scored the rotors ? A light touch you may get away with but deep grooves ..hmmmm . There will be a minimum rotor thickness specified in the manual.

I personally wouldn't skim them as they so ferkin thin to start with..I'd get on to Cag and get some good used ones. But that's me...

joe

joe
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012, 04:20 AM Thread Starter

yep ,Joe i think you are spot on,

cheers eddy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012, 04:48 AM

New Site Garage
Have they started making this noise after you replaced the pads Eddy? What pads did you put in there? It might just be that the old and new pads were not quite compatible and you have some of the old material built up, easy to clean of.
You can measure your disc's with a mic to check if they are still up to spec. I just had a disc crack because it was worn down below min. Going to cost be a small fortune to repair the damage.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012, 05:00 AM Thread Starter

I will try cleaning ,what do you recommend Donsy,what about some wet and dry say 800 grit,anythoughts buddy,otherwise I will be in the same boat as you,lol

cheers eddy
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012, 06:43 AM

Send a message via AIM to silentservice703 Send a message via Yahoo to silentservice703 Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
A scotch-brite pad and some brake cleaning fluid should be enough to clean the discs.

Keep your words soft and sweet, for someday you shall eat them....
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 08:12 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Wink

Eddy;
i have a sticky piston, i get a little chatter at low speed, if i clean the calipers make sure ALL the pistons move freely, the noise goes away.
also make sure your steering head bearings are correctly tensioned

I have NEVER cleaned discs......you think the ~300psi pushing on the rather abrasive pads won't do the job?

if you sand or scrub with anything abrasive leaving marks/scratches on the discs the disc will eat the pad faster until the marks are gone

Brembo is in the business of selling parts.....remember 4 piston/2 pad calipers? pad changes were cheap......then they went to 4 piston/4 pad calipers.....
what happened?..... the pad area got ~15-20% smaller and the price doubled didn't it?

and the pads wore faster the discs too

remember full metallic race pads, back when they were made with asbestos?

in endurance racing....racing 3,000mi A DAY, pads lasted over a year......iron discs never wore out......and they were perfectly flat and shiny

my R1150GS eats pads and discs and they are all wavy oh, thats right they're Brembos

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
i'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
email, PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 05:33 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys,good advise,yes Noel its all about the dollar now.
cheers eddy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode