F4 lowering link? - MVAgusta.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 36
F4 lowering link?

Hey guys am considering the purchase of a 2010 F4.....does anyone know if a lowering link is available for this bike?
Thanks guys-

Xerox Ducati 1098S
SteveNunez is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 05:32 PM
Senior Member
 
Mr. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens, Ga. / Emeryville Ca.
Posts: 601
I can tell you that the ride height is adjustable as a standard feature, if that helps?
Mr. Master is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 36
Thank you........might you know how much lower the seat can be lowered with the stock ride height linkage?

(I had to purchase separate lowering links for my RSV4 and 1198....would be nice to have an adjustable as standard issue!)

Xerox Ducati 1098S
SteveNunez is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-13-2012, 04:39 PM
Senior Member
 
Dr. Duc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Brentwood, CA
Posts: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveNunez View Post
Thank you........might you know how much lower the seat can be lowered with the stock ride height linkage?

(I had to purchase separate lowering links for my RSV4 and 1198....would be nice to have an adjustable as standard issue!)
If I understood correctly, modifying the factory hight impacts the entire setup and could potentially cause handling issues. I am 5'7 and wish I could lower mine by an inch but have refrained because of the former.

I am sure there are experts on this forum that could provide guidance.

Ride fast and furious but live to ride another day!
Dr. Duc is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-13-2012, 05:08 PM
Senior Member
 
Mr. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens, Ga. / Emeryville Ca.
Posts: 601
Dr. Duc, yes of course lowering the ride height at the rear, would also necessitate lowering the ride height on the Front, it's all adjustable to some degree, and all those adjustments will affect handling.
On these bikes, a ride height tool is used to measure the rear,
One of this forum's MVP's, Noel "the Knurl" makes and sells them.
Keep in mind, lowering too much, affects ground clearance when cornering.
I have no idea what the lowest setting available would be, measured at the seat height.
Mr. Master is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-13-2012, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 36
To be honest I've come across this issue many times.......my Aprilia RSV4 also had a super high seat height and AF1 racing was testing a link that allowed for up to 2 inches of drop and their fastest road tester tested it at the track with no real ill affects.....of course they lowered the front to keep the geometry as close to stock as possible and I've ridden tons of sport bikes with lowering links and are able to lean at near max lean angles with no real problems..........I'm sure pure track riding will reveal deficiencies but for street riding I don't think the issue is as bad as some make it out to be.
I myself have no experience with the MV F4 and was hoping someone here had lowered theirs and perhaps had some feedback as it's always nice to consult with others who may have gone down a road beforehand- but it seems most MV riders are taller and keep their bikes stock...........at 5'3" I can't see myself owning a F4 and keeping the ride height at the stock level- it's simply too tall.
Thanks for the replies guys- if anyone has any other info they can share- it's always appreciated and I'm sure worth sharing.....thanks again guys!

Xerox Ducati 1098S
SteveNunez is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-14-2012, 01:00 AM
Senior Member
 
Dr. Duc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Brentwood, CA
Posts: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveNunez View Post
Hey guys am considering the purchase of a 2010 F4.....does anyone know if a lowering link is available for this bike?
Thanks guys-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Master View Post
Dr. Duc, yes of course lowering the ride height at the rear, would also necessitate lowering the ride height on the Front, it's all adjustable to some degree, and all those adjustments will affect handling.
On these bikes, a ride height tool is used to measure the rear,
One of this forum's MVP's, Noel "the Knurl" makes and sells them.
Keep in mind, lowering too much, affects ground clearance when cornering.
I have no idea what the lowest setting available would be, measured at the seat height.
Thank you for the feedback. This is helpful info.

Ride fast and furious but live to ride another day!
Dr. Duc is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 03:26 AM
Established Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 79
Since there isn't any real useful post here I thought i'd inform you a little.
http://www.orientexpress.com/p-6992-...-link-rod.aspx

The problem with the F4 is that there is a maximum amount you can lower with stock linkage. If you know someone with a lathe they can fix your stock unit or you can purchase a modified link.

Even after the mod, your looking at gaining maybe 1" - 1.5". Maybe be good enough. Obviously you'll have to deal fixing the handling but to answer your question, yes you can lower it further then what the factory provided.
andyman is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 04:08 AM
Moderator
 
Donsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 21,849
New Site Garage
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyman View Post
Since there isn't any real useful post here I thought i'd inform you a little.
http://www.orientexpress.com/p-6992-...-link-rod.aspx

The problem with the F4 is that there is a maximum amount you can lower with stock linkage. If you know someone with a lathe they can fix your stock unit or you can purchase a modified link.

Even after the mod, your looking at gaining maybe 1" - 1.5". Maybe be good enough. Obviously you'll have to deal fixing the handling but to answer your question, yes you can lower it further then what the factory provided.
Since your so smart at "informing" us - the gent asked for info on the 2010+ bikes, and your link clearly show's differently .

And while we are in this subject, how much can the front on the Y10 bikes be lowered to compensate for what you've done at the back.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Donsy is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 04:42 AM
Senior Member
 
BG Wells's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Lisburn Northern Ireland
Posts: 4,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyman View Post
Since there isn't any real useful post here I thought i'd inform you a little.
http://www.orientexpress.com/p-6992-...-link-rod.aspx

The problem with the F4 is that there is a maximum amount you can lower with stock linkage. If you know someone with a lathe they can fix your stock unit or you can purchase a modified link.

Even after the mod, your looking at gaining maybe 1" - 1.5". Maybe be good enough. Obviously you'll have to deal fixing the handling but to answer your question, yes you can lower it further then what the factory provided.
The link to the part you provided shows a very nice 'replacement' link rod...however it is not clear if it provides any further adjustment over the OEM part...do you have any further information on this other than it being a very nice gold annodised replacement?
This one however will provide a bigger range of adjustment http://www.designcorse.co.uk/Billet_...ble_Link_Screw
and could possibly provide the results the gentleman was after?
I hope my my post was 'useful'?
Brian.

Last edited by BG Wells; 07-31-2012 at 04:55 AM.
BG Wells is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome