Tire selection - Page 4 - MVAgusta.net
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 04:05 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpkin View Post
From previous experience with PR4 (and PR2 & 3) wet weather grip is phenomenal, very confidence inspiring. The Metzlers don't quite match that in my mind but maybe it's a confidence thing? New bike, different geometry and riding position. Will have to wait and see, not long though as will have the Michelins on in time for Spanish trip at end of the month.
Before changing tires, got some discussion with friends, and the feedback on the PR4 was that if the grip is still similar as the PR3, the handling was not as good and probably better in straight lines but with a loss in curves where they apparently require to be over inflated to get similar behavior in curves... And the last comment was that if you have to over inflate, it's not good, as the tires don't heat the same way, and then it's on the grip side that you will mark the loss... I did not tried them personally, but I know that I had quite similar feel from what they described for the Diablo Rosso 2 and the Brigestone tires I used before... So ultimately, I will look as well at your feedback.

However, as per my own experience discussing tires on forums we all need to keep in mind a few things :
  • Our roads looks the same, but the nature of the surface maybe very different from country to country (if not region to region)
  • Saying the surface means different grip, different properties, different wear on our tires
  • Temperature have quite an important effect on the wear, and as well on the grip (and seasonal impact as well probably)
  • The profile of the roads are quite important as well, as curvy and mountain roads mean as well wear is faster, as "brake, turn, accelerate, repeat" is part of the problem
  • Bikes are different as well, with their characteristics and that's including the suspension

Ultimately, the only way to quote tires would be to do a full cycle for each tire set on the same roads and the same bike, but with the same starting point and seasons. And as our suspension, brakes and everything on the bike wears as well, there is actually no solutions to have something fully comparable... In short, it's a mess

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 05:18 AM
LLP

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcSilverTriple View Post
At some point you may have to do a choice between change the two tires or just change one and keep the same. Having to different types of tires/structures may not be the best condition to appreciate a tire...
So my tire expert confirm that it's safer to keep same kind of tire rear and front, so I'll try scorpion II for my front tire, as i wore it around 3600km next time I'll change both tire and will move to pirelli angel GT

LLP
Turismo Veloce Lusso 2016
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 06:05 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLP View Post
So my tire expert confirm that it's safer to keep same kind of tire rear and front, so I'll try scorpion II for my front tire, as i wore it around 3600km next time I'll change both tire and will move to pirelli angel GT

Please report later how you feel about new Scorpion II.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Turismo Veloce 2016
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 02:02 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Revzilla gives the T30 EVO Bridgestone a thumbs up against the competitors for longevity for a sport tourer. I did get 10000K or 6000mi. out of the Scorpion Trail tire. I did have some issues with the Pilot 4 tire I had on my BMW last year. In the heat when I would cross the repaired crack filler on asphalt, the Pilot 4 would slip. Scary

Terry_________________________________________
Tecumseh Minibike, SL 70, KE 100, XR250L, KLR650, ST800, XR650L, 525EXC, 450EXC, GS1200R, 2016 TVL 800
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 06:46 AM
LLP

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marko G. View Post
Please report later how you feel about new Scorpion II.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hey guys !
quick report on this new front tire that is really pleasant to use, round profile allows very fast angle entanglement, I feel secure with it, only 1000km with it so I can't know if its a last longing tire !
Gero HH and Marko G. like this.

LLP
Turismo Veloce Lusso 2016
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 09:02 AM

Send a message via AIM to silentservice703 Send a message via Yahoo to silentservice703 Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
When hot,Tar Snakes are slippery no matter what tire you have on.
Marko G. likes this.

GAPALICIOUS II, Tellico Edition, Sept 27 - Oct 1, 2017

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 11:06 AM

New Site Garage
I also purchased new Scorpion Train II (front and rear). They are 20% better then previous ones. I feel more confident and have more grip in quick steering and braking. We will see how long they will last. My Scorpion Trails I lasted for 7.000km, after that my front was very worn out.

Turismo Veloce 2016

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode