F3, MVICS 2.0 Upgrade and Quick Shift Down - MVAgusta.net
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 100 (permalink) Old 10-21-2016, 10:01 AM Thread Starter

F3, MVICS 2.0 Upgrade and Quick Shift Down

Hi,
I recently took my 2014 F3 675 to Rockwell Cycles in Ft. Montgomery, NY (shameless plug ) for a software update. They flashed the latest update which was 2.0. I thought to try the quick shift on my down shifts to see if it would work and to my surprise it did. I was under the impression that a new quick shift sensor would be needed for that to work.

Just wondering if others have experienced the same results...

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 100 (permalink) Old 10-23-2016, 03:04 PM

Taking mine to 1000km first service tomorrow. Just finished breaking her in on a road trip this weekend. On mine the blipper does not work either. Will ask the dealer to check for software updates and try it! Great news. Thanks!
post #3 of 100 (permalink) Old 10-23-2016, 03:11 PM

A new quick shift sensor is needed. You were just doing clutchless down shifts. Also as far as what MV said that any F3's pre 2015 the ECU's don't even have to capability for that at all. You would need the race ECU and the EAS 2.0 sensor for autoblip on downshift. It would be nice if any dealer on the forum would confirm the confusion with the F3's and the QS.

2013 MV Agusta F3 Red/Silver (Sonya)
2013 MV Agusta F3 Black Track/Race Only (Trinity)

Last edited by VaporMV; 10-23-2016 at 03:19 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VaporMV For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 100 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 12:21 AM
Established Member

just have a look, if you already have a 2.0 sensor (written on the sensor!) all you need is an ECU update, otherwise you need a sensor as well... end of story
The Following User Says Thank You to Nephalem For This Useful Post:
post #5 of 100 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 02:55 AM

Come on guys, please take a look at the Tech sheet from MV Agusta's own website. Not even the current F3 has MVICS 2.0, if it had wouldn't they advertise with it. As VaporMV stated, you need the Race ECU or take it down the aftermarket route.

F3
MV EAS (Electronically Assisted Shift)

F3 RC

B3 800 (2016)
MV EAS 2.0 (Electronically Assisted Shift up & down)
post #6 of 100 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 04:12 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacsap View Post
Come on guys, please take a look at the Tech sheet from MV Agusta's own website. Not even the current F3 has MVICS 2.0, if it had wouldn't they advertise with it. As VaporMV stated, you need the Race ECU or take it down the aftermarket route.

F3

F3 RC

B3 800 (2016)
MV EAS 2.0 (Electronically Assisted Shift up & down)
Read what others are saying. MV have been fitting the EAS 2.0 SENSOR to some F3s for a while. Makes sense from a parts supply POV if it's not much more expensive than a one-way sensor.

The ECU in the F3 is the same as the B3, so it's logical to suggest that the blipper function is available, but not active in the F3 firmware. Third parties have reportedly been able to unlock this pretty easily. This suggests that rather than a hardware upgrade to the ECU, MIVCS 2.0 is just different firmware.

So instead of jumping down people's throats with MV spec lists, have a read of what's actually being said.

2013 MV Agusta F3 675 EAS
2000 Kawasaki ZX7R
post #7 of 100 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 05:16 AM

My F3 has the 2.0.
post #8 of 100 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 07:50 AM Thread Starter

My QS sensor is not 2.0. When quick shifting down it sounds like the quick shift up with the engine cutting off real quick. It seems to work within certain RPM ranges and feels like the shifter is locked when not within that RPM range. During testing I tried hitting the shifter really hard and it would not shift. I didn't want to bash it too hard out of fear of breaking something.
I am going back to the dealer tomorrow because I lost my back break again even after bleeding the system and moving the rear brake reservoir to the same spot where it is located on newer models so I'll ask the owner of the shop his thoughts on the QS.
On a side note...
Someone mentioned the race ECU. Is that the ECU that comes with the MV aftermarket headers? I was thinking of getting the complete MV exhaust setup.

Thanks for your input.
post #9 of 100 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 08:45 AM
Established Member
No it is a full race ECU that requires a new wiring harness. It enables all sorts of stuff like pit limiter, auto blip, eliminates the key and headlights and some other stuff I can't remember right now and cost around $1700. http://www.evolutionbike.it/mvagusta...parts/stk.html

The ECU you buy with the headers is an Eldor ECU, with all the OEM features (traction, multimap, quickshifter, abs etc...) but with a racing map for racing manifolds or full exhaust.
http://www.evolutionbike.it/mvagusta...rem018800.html
post #10 of 100 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 08:55 AM

New Site Garage
How many of you are from this planet, and know the difference between guessing and reading some spec sheet, or how it works in real life.
FWIW, you are right most of the time Pascal, including this time.... most guys can't even figure out how to show what bike or year model they have, and adding it to their signature or registry is far too hard.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode