Why cant America design a competitive superbike/ - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 01:36 AM Thread Starter

Why cant America design a competitive superbike/

Not a force as far as sales numbers , I mean a force like the European brands have become . America needs a brand that can go up against the Japanese toe to toe and BEAT them . Buell Tried, precision handling , best in class ..BUT... attatched to engine that was a high tech wonder in 1955. The Roehr came along Good handling bike , on par with a Ducati 1198.....BUT... The engine , although liquid cooled and better than Grandpops Sporster was still a heavy V-twin designed for the v-rod Cruiser. Supercharging made it the first bike to surpass the iconic Ducati 1198 But American magazines considered it...cheating/not playing on equal playing field ...and even though allowe in racing being the supercharger came as stock not enough sold to meet homologation . (cost of 44k didn't help situation )

Then there is the ECCOSE Titanium, Titanium Chassis,pushrod Supercharged S&S 2100cc v-twin (unlimited displacement PUSHROD ENGINS ALLOWED IN WERS AND ama (DEFUCT ama NO CLUE ON mOTOAMERICA RULES).
COST .... pocket change... 275,000$ and never a performance number given EVER.
Fischer MRZ 650 closest thing to a MotoGP chassis ever in a Production Bike, Engine Hyndai 659 twin 60hp=dud
Lastly... MOTUS MT01 1640cc Pushrod v-4 a small copy of the Chevy Corvette v-8 . The owners designed the chevy corvette engine . 180 hp sort tourer BUT engine mounted horazonally dead in the water for performance .

WHY CANT THE USA DESIGN A sUPERBIKE THAT HAS THE JAPANESE WORRIED AND THE EUROPEANS SHAKING THERE HEADS IN PITY BEHIND CLOSED DOORS???

a BUELL CHASSIS, A MOTUS CHASSIS WITH 2 OR 4 CYLINDERS SLICED OFF OF A NASCAR V-8 (INSTALLED VERTICALLY) wE HAVE 300 MILLION PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY , NATURAL RESOURCES ECT ECT.

I HAVE BOUGHT USA MOTORCYCLES bUELL GOOD, ROEHR PHENOMINAL BUT BOTH NEED TURBOCHARGING TO BE COMPETITIVE ....WHY CANT THE USA BUILD A GREAT NATURALLY ASPERATED ENGINE ?

EXCUSE CAPS ECT COMPUTER NOT WORKING WELL TONITE .

Last edited by Jake318; 11-07-2016 at 01:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 08:11 PM

No support
The US is a nation of muscle cars an pickups
No market, no interest (the minority interest does not produce a successful business).
An easy parallel can be made to the US space program. No public interest, no 'dough flow'.
Other countries 'grew up' on a bicycle so they, as a culture, have that peice in them, we don't have it so our major resources sideline and clap for marketing monsters like HD, but really have no vested interest in a 'Powersport'.
Buell spent years asking HD to develop a motor. No dice.
Roehr tried to slide in the shallow end by using a Vtwin (strong parallels, but waaaaaaay less competition to go against)
Eccose, I feel, went boutique like Confederate. Performance, but not really a 'racing' design.
Even when we have the second coming of the Savior Britten , I believe support will not come from the States.
These are all just my thoughts.
Good thread

TreeMV

Last edited by TreeMV #2; 11-07-2016 at 08:13 PM.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 09:03 PM

Because Hillary. That's why.

Ex Silentium Adveho Nex
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 11:01 PM

How many U.S. bike manufacturers are there that have the resources to develop and build a competitive racing bikes? It's not a market Harley or Indian want to get into. Considering the competiveness and the short product life cycles (relative their other products), and core customers interests, there's not much incentive for them to.

That leaves the small guys like Erik Buell and a few other entrepreneurs. If they actually get something to market, it's will be cost prohibitive for the masses.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-08-2016, 06:25 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
It's Obama's fault....everything you don't like is!! Haven't you figured that out yet? But Trump will change it and you will finally get your Superbike.

On another note, Indian has produced the first new production dirt track racer since the 70's.....looking forward to the continued growth of interest in good old American dirt track racing.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit) restoration project, '71 CB100 "Lil' Red", '73 RD350B (Orange Bird) restoration project, '08 TT-R110 (Buster) Pam's ride, '05 TT-R230 (Dirty Girl), 2015 Indian Chietain (Rita) my "low-n-slow".
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-08-2016, 07:39 AM

Send a message via AIM to silentservice703 Send a message via Yahoo to silentservice703 Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
^^^Let's Make American Motorcycles Great Again!

Keep your words soft and sweet, for someday you shall eat them....
The Following User Says Thank You to silentservice703 For This Useful Post:
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-08-2016, 10:08 PM

Now that Polaris has Indian doing well again you are seeing a change in the way they are marketing Victory. They have already started to build one offs to gauge market interest and it seems they are moving closer and closer to building an all out sportbike. Polaris has the marketing muscle, great engineers, and most importantly the big budget needed to pull it off. My prediction, we will see a full sportbike from Victory by 2020.

2013 MV Agusta F3 Red/Silver (Sonya)
2013 MV Agusta F3 Black Track/Race Only (Trinity)
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 07:06 AM

Its a NASCAR conspiracy dammit! Nobody wants to see highly skilled motorcycle racer's. Everyone love's a good wreck. LOL

even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while!!
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 06:11 AM Thread Starter

I heard that law, says all American engines must have push rods, rocker arms and a maximum redline of 8000 RPM.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporMV View Post
Now that Polaris has Indian doing well again you are seeing a change in the way they are marketing Victory. They have already started to build one offs to gauge market interest and it seems they are moving closer and closer to building an all out sportbike. Polaris has the marketing muscle, great engineers, and most importantly the big budget needed to pull it off. My prediction, we will see a full sportbike from Victory by 2020.
I'm kicking myself for not trying to pull some strings and ride the Victory 156 bike while we had it here at our R&D facility. I'll let the engineers know they are getting some praise

2011 Brutale 1090RR

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode