MV Agusta Forum banner

Uh-oh, my Monster is getting a facelift...

42K views 505 replies 44 participants last post by  silentservice703 
#1 ·
After years of abuse, some love:

From this dirty mess:
Bicycle part Wheel Auto part Tire Bicycle drivetrain part

Wheel Auto part Tire Disc brake Alloy wheel

To this tastyness:

Crankset Bicycle drivetrain part Bicycle part Auto part Wheel

Alloy wheel Rim Spoke Wheel Auto part

The Beater Japan Aluminum tank is being mad as we speak...and I've found a panel beater in NH that will make my headlight nacele and seat cowl in aluminum!

Almost forgot the slipper clutch:

Mammal Bovine Bull Livestock Calf

...oops...I don't have a picture of the CRC Checca Slipper...I will get one...those, there, above, are blow-dried cows! How cool is that!

See less See more
#7 ·
This Monster is what I call my Beater Bike. It gets thrashed pretty well but always delivers.

#8 ·
When I read the title to this thread, I assumed the Big Man had made an appointment with his urologist.....:jsm:

#9 ·
The ladies love it when I ask if they'd like to ride my Monster!

#14 ·
The exhaust is getting power coated by Jet Hot...

...I am having trouble making a color decision.

Getting the last piece of the Ducati Performance exhaust off required a bit more disassebly than I inititially thought.

Perhaps it's tiome to service the reat shock since it is "mostly" off.

Auto part Vehicle Motor vehicle Engine Fuel line

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automobile repair shop Workshop Auto part

#15 ·
Dirty ,bad Monster! And those are some cuddly looking cows

#16 ·
Alrighty then, a little update is in order. The exhaust has been shipped off to Jet Hot for a nice Polished Silver ceramic coating.

I will be ordering the Galfer Wave front and rear rotors on Monday along with a set of the HH Sintered Ceramic pads.

I took a "little drive" on this past Tuesday up to an Aluminum Fabricator's shop in Bethlehem, New Hampshire (http://www.panel-craft.com/). It was 3 1/2 hours up, a 45 minute conversation, and 3 1/2 hours home.

I spoke with the owner, Joe, about my needs for this project and he was very interested. I left the front cowling and the rear seat cowling with him so that he can replicate them in aluminum. He is a very busy guy with no less than three AC Cobra bodies in some state of manufacture in his shop. Everything in there starts as flat sheet aluminum and he lovingly beat the crap out of the aluminum sheet until the beautiful product he seeks is revealed.

He says he will make faithful replicas of my parts that are virtually indistinguishable from the originals...except they will be in delightful raw aluminum. He will do this for the cost of materials (about $50.00) and $90.00 per hour that it takes him to reveal the beauty. He might get them done this year.

Until then, I'll be removing the rest of the suspension and sending that out for a refurb and tune....

...while I contemplate the LUDACRIS move of obtaining a Titanium Frame for this Monster. (Yes, unfortunately, I know where one is...and how much it costs. (Too much.)

I'll probably post a few more pictures on Monday. I am working this weekend, or I'd be in the garage!

#17 ·
The pieces being reproduced in aluminum are circled in yellow:

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive design

Motorcycle Vehicle Automotive lighting Motorcycle accessories Font

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car

The fuel tank is being made by Beater-Japan as I write this...June delivery, maybe?

#19 ·
The way the pieces fit on the bike, all he needs is a jig, which he is fabricating. He also plans on making a fiberglass cast of the parts so he can make a wooden form on which he will beat the aluminum.

I asked if he wanted to keep the seat, or if he needed anything else to work from, and he indicated that he had all he needs to make perfect replicas.

I am interested in the process and I hope he takes some photos.

#21 · (Edited)
Chuck..I'm following this thread with great interest!........and can relate to the passion and determination you are putting into achieving the bike you have in your mind!!.

It never ceases to amaze me the lengths and effort we (motorcycle enthusiasts) universally go to for our hobby.......,and no matter where we are from.,we share this common 'passion'!!.

You are doing a great job on this bike and I continue to watch as the project progresses....,

Well done ...,I'm building bit with you in spirit!!

The camaraderie on this forum is inspiring and I think we tend to push each other on to greater things........, (and emptier bank ballences!!):jsm:

Brian.

#22 ·
I had the opportunity to ride Randy's this past bubba, and i would have to say I enjoyed it quite a lot! Looks like a very nice plan unfolding. I can't wait to see the raw aluminum pieces!

#23 ·
Josh....mine's still for sale with only about 5700 miles on it.....but wait, you're an new father......never mind. :stickpoke

#24 ·
Are you getting the aluminium body work polished or going with a brushed satin look? I had a guy in Rochester ,NY do an aluminium tank and body work for me once. I went polished, but the satin looks damn good too.

#27 ·
JOSH! How's things?

#28 ·
Quite well thank you. Little man is getting big, wife us liking her new location. I started as a real employee in December. The American Dream man!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.