2nd season racing - Page 2 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 02:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean100yz View Post
Who did you get to map it? What times were you running round Indy? Improvement on that track is hard as it's so tight and gives the right side real grief

A friend runs one for purely track but would like to map his. Also a guy I raced with did his first race there Sunday (Cam Harris) and won it... Not bad for his first race on tarmac
I got CJS racing of Bristol to map it, Chris made massive improvements over the previous guys who mapped it, most notably part throttle

Due to the extra power over last year i was finding it difficult to get a rear suspension setting right to get the power down early which hampered me a little.
I got the times down to 52.6 which is a 3.5 second improvement over last year.

Best result of the weekend was a 4th in newcomers, 14th in sounds of thunder and 17 in 600's

I missed the last 600 race because the starter button packed up, i fudged it for the race before by shorting the starter relay with a spanner to start. But I stalled on the grid in The 600.

Last edited by dudman; 03-21-2017 at 02:40 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 04:40 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dean100yz View Post
Who did you get to map it? What times were you running round Indy? Improvement on that track is hard as it's so tight and gives the right side real grief

A friend runs one for purely track but would like to map his. Also a guy I raced with did his first race there Sunday (Cam Harris) and won it... Not bad for his first race on tarmac
I got CJS racing of Bristol to map it, Chris made massive improvements over the previous guys who mapped it, most notably part throttle

Due to the extra power over last year i was finding it difficult to get a rear suspension setting right to get the power down early which hampered me a little.
I got the times down to 52.6 which is a 3.5 second improvement over last year.

Best result of the weekend was a 4th in newcomers, 14th in sounds of thunder and 17 in 600's

I missed the last 600 race because the starter button packed up, i fudged it for the race before by shorting the starter relay with a spanner to start. But I stalled on the grid in The 600.
All typical of a days racing! Good times too. My mate on the mini twins did a 53.6...which just shows how quick a little 650 twin can go round there!

I'll keep a watch of how you get on this year. I've always enjoyed racing and being involved with it
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

I'm at Oulton park this weekend for a days racing tomorrow (Saturday). Been testing today, it took all morning to get a good setting on the suspension (brands setting way too stiff for oulton) and to sort the gearing. Finished the day 0.9s off my best race time last year. Which is great as I wasn't pushing for time.
Can't wait for to tomorrow!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

after a promising start to the day beating my best lap of last year by about a second.
Then things started to get a little hairy.
I out braked myself into a couple of corners, ran very wide round cascades onto the grass and through gravel, grabbed a hand full of brakes on the escape road and almost went over the handle bars. I definitely left brown marks round there. After this i decided to take it easy for the rest of the day(around 2.5secs off best) and come home in one piece and regroup for the next round.
I also had some guy almost put me into the pit wall on the last race crossing the line by swerving over the track to keep his place.
All in all a great day, looking forward to the next weekend.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudman View Post
after a promising start to the day beating my best lap of last year by about a second.
Then things started to get a little hairy.
I out braked myself into a couple of corners, ran very wide round cascades onto the grass and through gravel, grabbed a hand full of brakes on the escape road and almost went over the handle bars. I definitely left brown marks round there. After this i decided to take it easy for the rest of the day(around 2.5secs off best) and come home in one piece and regroup for the next round.
I also had some guy almost put me into the pit wall on the last race crossing the line by swerving over the track to keep his place.
All in all a great day, looking forward to the next weekend.
Respect mate, well done on bringing it home safely.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 05:10 AM Thread Starter

Yesterday I done a Jamie whitham track training day at anglesey, had davo johnson as my instructor. Was told I have a aggressive riding style a very quick corner exit, need to improve on the brakes, brake a bit later and not coast. Was told it was hard to find to find the limit without crashing. So with this pearl of wisdom pushed the breaks for a couple of sessions, trying not to coast. Then lost the front on the brakes trapping my little finger under the handle bar, currently? in Bangor hospital waiting for an operation, hopefully able to race donington at the weekend, fingers crossed
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 05:44 AM
Established Member

Hope you heal up soon mate.

If you push the limit eventually you will go over it.
Attached Images

Faster and Faster untill the fear of death subsides.....
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

Been a while since my last post, attempted to race at Caldwell couple weeks ago with a pin in little finger.
Had wife adjust my glove to make room for the pin and dressing.
Completed a test day on the Friday with no real problems took a couple of sessions to get used to little finger getting in the way.
Started first race on the Saturday, got knocked off on the start avoiding guy on yellow bike who had a shit start.
Would you believe it, I couldn't, dislocated my right thumb.
End of weekend.

Link to sequence of crash

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbi...ce=49&refid=13

Last edited by dudman; 06-17-2017 at 11:27 AM.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 11:20 AM Thread Starter

Just before touchdown, and a pic with davo johnson instructing me on the best way to crash on the brakes?
Attached Images

post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

And here is pic just before crash at anglesey
Attached Images

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode