MV Agusta Forum banner

WTB VDSTS kit

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  theknurl 
#1 ·
As I am servicing more and more MV's, and many without the Microtec ECU, I now need to get one of these kits, has anybody got one they would like to sell or does anybody know where I can get them, what kind of price am I looking at etc.

#3 ·
Donsy

I just bought a cable from a fella named Robert from Technoresearch. He made me a great deal ! I'm sure he can do the same for you. Call and ask for Robert. Tell him James Cooper from this forum referred you. Ask for my price. I will PM you the price he gave me. 1-248-658-1800

#5 ·
barthaultala....the VDST will only allow you to set within the factory parameters, which means all you can do on a 5SM Euro3 ECU is reset the TPS.
Otherwise, it is good for fault codes and such. It will not let you alter fuel or ignition maps.

On the 5SM "kit" ECUs you can adjust idle CO % trim.

On the 16M ECUs that is done with a plastic electronics screwdriver under a seal on the case of the ECU.

If you really want to do more then routine tune-up (setting TPS) you're going to need a Power Commander or Micro-Tech (which would be my choice of the 2).

#8 · (Edited)
There are some folks who have "cracked" the Marelli ECUs....Mr Ferraci has the software as an example...but unless you are a code writing computer whiz you will be paying big $$ for their knowledge/skills.

Better raid that piggy bank and get the Microtech, no one else makes a replacement for the MVs ECU that I know of.....now if you have a Honda/Kawasaki/Suzuki/Yamaha then Mr Bazzaz has tunable ECUs.....also going to cost you $1~1500.

Hyabusa drag racers have sources that have cracked that ECU and can tune it any which way....

What was that new company I stumbled on that does reflashes on everyone including Ducati/MV???? Oh yes, here it is:

http://ecunleashed.com/

I agree with the "don't want a PC thing"...never was a fan of their piggy back band-aid tuning.

#10 ·
Hey Dons, If you'd like I could call him. Buy it and send it to ya. :)

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.