312 engine in a 750 chassis - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-25-2012, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

312 engine in a 750 chassis

So.... Has or can it be done ???

Iv heard of the 1000s being fitted but not the 312

Seems like a sensible project

"The first rule of Italian driving: Whats behind me is not important" 'The Gumball Rally' 1976
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-25-2012, 03:53 PM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
James

Yes it can be done without to much hassle, but remember you'll need to swap over the engine wiring harness, ECU, updated charging system, exhaust pipe work and a few other bits and pieces..

Have a word with Hans, as he did a similar upgrade on his Brutale.

EMAIL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-25-2012, 04:12 PM Thread Starter

Hi John- cheers & sounds as much as I hoped

Right... Next Christmas could well be project 750/312 then

"The first rule of Italian driving: Whats behind me is not important" 'The Gumball Rally' 1976
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-25-2012, 04:22 PM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
James.. It might be a consideration to purchase a cheap, low mileage 312 and swap all your bits over including the full Senna bodywork and wheels..

Then sell off the old F4 with the 312 bodywork kit.

Two to three hours work ..

EMAIL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-25-2012, 04:41 PM

I put a 1000r engine in my 750 a couple of years ago,Not a big deal as JDS quoted,If you want any info ask
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-25-2012, 05:16 PM

Just but another MV save the hassle or trade yours in against it job done I'll sell u my standard body kits to do trade as I'll be carbon up the MV carbonator will be born hahaha

Home of the F4 Fibra di carbonio
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-25-2012, 10:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDS View Post
James.. It might be a consideration to purchase a cheap, low mileage 312 and swap all your bits over including the full Senna bodywork and wheels..

Then sell off the old F4 with the 312 bodywork kit.

Two to three hours work ..

@ JDS, yes that sounds a much more sensible idea, iv an accessory list of over 5k now and thats not including the exhibition grade paint, it would be financially InSaNe to sell it & loose so much, hence doing a motor overhaul - besides, I really want to retain the size and set up of mine & the 'proper' yellow tacho. I'll look out for 312's & get a feel for price etc. if I do it right it will only cost me time and 1-2k

@ agustaboy, thanks for offering help etc. i reckon I'll be ok with it but it's reassuring to know someone who's done it already- just incase I get stuck

@ Woodster, thanks for the offer- I'm going to get a 'donor bike' as you've prob' gathered, financially it makes huge sense, besides, try finding just a 312 engine, loom & ecu- they'd be big bucks, then there's the smaller bits like down pipes etc etc... Far easier to have a donor bike-

Unless... I find a write off 312 then a track 750 could emerge from the spares lots of food for thought & I need to make some calls & crunch numbers

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 07:19 AM

Don't for get u will need to upgrade rads and poss water pump sounds like to much hassle for me hahaha I'd buy another bike change fairings over and bang u have road 312 and track 750 hahahahaha

Home of the F4 Fibra di carbonio
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agustaboy0 View Post
I put a 1000r engine in my 750 a couple of years ago,Not a big deal as JDS quoted,If you want any info ask
Thats easier because you stick with euro2 ECU etc.
The big thing from 750 to 312 is euro2 to euro3, different ECU and all bits and signals it needs.

@ JDS, I went from 910r euro3 to 312RR euro3, so it was a snug fit with the cabling, then some oil radiator and water pipes (F4->B4).

4,5Mg~3Al~2Ti~Fe

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 01:29 PM

The 1000r engine I put in mine was a euro 3,Still no big problem,Just remove the euro 3 emissions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode