F4 312r Gearbox Fault - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 04:01 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

F4 312r Gearbox Fault

Having identified the part at fault , the question now is where to source the part and does it need to be a factory part ?

With the support, technical manuals and assistance from the good people of this forum I was able to remove the clutch and gearbox from the MV . Thanks must be given to Donsy for the straight forward step by step instruction he posted

The offending part stopping gear selection was found to be a small spring ( Part # 800071009 ) that pushes a sliding pin against a floating key at the base of the selector fork drum
(see page g11 of parts manual ) also on forum.

Shown below are photos of the two keys inside the gearbox . The first pin is not holding the key in it's proper place. not allowing it to lock into position and rotate the drum as the gear lever is rotated.
My iphone is fearless!

Name:  photo (2).JPG
Views: 411
Size:  135.9 KB

Name:  photo.JPG1.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  109.0 KB

Have not pulled this part yet but it sure looks small, can't cost more than $ 5.00 Right ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 05:24 AM

New Site Garage
Startwintrading

Under a $ each, try Andre at Startwintrading Chris, you can get your new gaskets from them too. eMail him for cheaper shipping options if that's what you need.
Attached Images

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 10:19 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to The_castle
Good work guys

It ain't what you ride, it's the way you ride it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 11:21 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Wink

Chris;
somebody else had the same problem, (or maybe it was you)
the bike would only shift one way, up or down (i don't remember which), i said it was item #25 p.G11

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
i'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
email, PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 11:52 PM

New Site Garage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknurl View Post
Chris;
somebody else had the same problem, (or maybe it was you)
the bike would only shift one way, up or down (i don't remember which), i said it was item #25 p.G11
Not the same guy Noel.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
Not the same guy Noel.
Donsy I'm shocked you didn't give the 'other' advice....get an SPR box ( as spares of course) and you would fix the gearbox (for keeping any leftover parts) hahahaha

ORBIS NON SUFFICIT
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 01:14 AM

New Site Garage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by quad-turbo View Post
Donsy I'm shocked you didn't give the 'other' advice....get an SPR box ( as spares of course) and you would fix the gearbox (for keeping any leftover parts) hahahaha
Hahaha
Very sore point that Chris, I just pulled the other bikes gearbox as well, just so I can compare the two, part for part. I just don't seem to be getting the funds together for those gearbox parts JDS had for sale. Might have to speak to Carl and see what he has lying around at his place.
Let us know if you hear of anybody/somebody with a destroyed motor, maybe a Evo3 or something with different gearbox ratio's, that I can scavenge.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 02:37 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thanks Noel, I originally joined in on another 312 gearbox thread,
Have to say some of the little things, comments posted may seem trivial to an onlooker but are important when it comes to passing on the the knowledge and therefore confidence.You guys are the kings , Thank you to all the Senior Members.
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 12:10 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs up ratios?

Donsy;
is far as i know the only 'different' transmission is in the SPR
its +10 % on the bottom and -10 % on the top

i wish i had the money for one of JDS's transmission kits......but i don't
my Brutale is too short on top, i'd like to change 5th and 6th
Chris;
i didn't use search, but i'm very familiar with transmissions

MV has the best stock transmission i've ridden.....and it does have the best shift mechanism......

as long as you don't put the little shift lever bushing in backwards, because it WILL fall out

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
i'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
email, PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 01:52 AM

New Site Garage
The EVO3, SPR and Senna 750, had different gearboxes Noel.
I think I might start looking at the Brutale ratios just for fun, but pretty sure they are the same as the F4's.

I found one bent fork, and two badly worn forks between the 2 gearboxes, so not bad at all for two highly abused gearboxes.
I will have a look next month to see what Andre wants for new forks, might as well get new one's, the gears in those boxes of mine are like new, testimony to what you said about it being good equipment.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode