Brutale 1090 RR clutch question, slipping clutch - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 02:08 AM Thread Starter

Smile Brutale 1090 RR clutch question, slipping clutch

Hi guys,

first of all presentations: My name is Fabrizio, i live in the UK. I have two MV, a Brutale 920 and a Brutale 1090RR. I love these bikes, the 920 has proven to be very reliable. The 1090, will see..

I like to take of my babies, i've already replaced the radiator by myself on the 920, the rear hub on the 1090, brake pads, oil.. it doesn't sound like much, but i'm learning. This is the reason why i'm here asking for help.

Last year i've replaced myself the clutch on the 920, it worked fine so far. I just tried to use common sense and the manual! After 4k miles, i can't say there are issues. I use the bike on a daily basis, not just for fun.

I did the same thing on the 1090, found the clutch on: shop.startwintrading.com
they buy directly from MV Agusta in Italy (oh yes, i'm italian too.

I followed the manual, did the same things as on the 920. But the clutch is slipping, and i mean..a lot.

I've tried to re-install the clutch there was before. And like magic, this one is slipping too! Less than the new though.

I'm banging my head against the wall trying to understand what is that i'm doing wrong. What kind of check i can do.

At the time of installation i've also checked the springs, they were withing tolerance. I ordered a new set, just to be on the safe side.
The bolts are set with the correct torque, religiously. THe master cilynder is clean, pumps fine.

What ma i missing, is there any other check i can do? I'm sure it is something that can be tuned. This or i'm doing something so terribly wrong i can't even see it!

Thanks to anyone willing to help,

Ciao!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 10:01 AM

New Site Garage
Maintenance section ?

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 10:09 AM

Did you install the plates in the correct order?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 02:59 AM

They are pretty easy to do ,Plate order first ,springs next ,not to much to them ,you can put a 1.5mm fibre washer under the spring to achieve more preload. As donsy said have a look under the all we know section i have pics installing an EVR CLUTCH AND PACKING THE SPRINGS .Good luck .
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 03:02 AM

Evr clutch anyone with info

this might help,different clutch
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 08:59 AM

Send a message via AIM to silentservice703 Send a message via Yahoo to silentservice703 Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Folks, if a problem cropped up while performing a maintenance action, then that action caused the problem.

Rather than chasing an unknown, reperform your clutch replacement meticulously.

If the clutch is slipping it is because something is holding the plates from full contact. That something is something that you did during the process.

Since the original clutch is now slipping also, I'd look at the commonalities between the two clutches first.

GAPALICIOUS II, Tellico Edition, Sept 27 - Oct 1, 2017

Tags
clutch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode