New battery in 2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S . Turns over, but tach doesn't sweep....... - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

New battery in 2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S . Turns over, but tach doesn't sweep.......

Just put new battery in 2006 MV Agusta F4. Turns over, but tach doesn't sweep, LCD screen remains blank, no fuel pump priming heard, and no head lamp......

When the key is on, the only dash lights that come on are the battery and oil pressure.

If I put the side stand up, the tach sweeps and the digits on the dash come on, and headlamp turns on, but still no fuel pump. As soon as I put the stand down I'm back to square one.

I replaced the side stand safety switch, no difference. If it' something someone on the board has seen before I'd love to hear what fixed it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 07:02 AM

Send a message via AIM to silentservice703 Send a message via Yahoo to silentservice703 Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Assuming the dash worked normally before the new battery:

First make sure all of the wires are connected correctly...

Name:  F4 1000 Battery Connections.png
Views: 99
Size:  619.6 KB

GAPALICIOUS II, Tellico Edition, Sept 27 - Oct 1, 2017

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 08:21 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

I wish it was that simple. The battery connections are indeed wired up properly. This issue started before the battery was replaced. I put a new battery in hoping that was the problem, but unfortunately it was not...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 08:26 AM

New Site Garage
So that's a F4 1000R, being a 2007?

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 08:38 AM

New Site Garage
And sorry to ask, if you have the wires correct, are you sure the battery polarity is right, battery on its side ?
Other than that, the model is really important since the "R" and "S" have completely different wiring looms and solution to your problem.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

It's a 2006 F4 1000"s". I tried updating the typo in the topic summary but wasn't able.

The battery is on it's side and the polarity is correct. Replaced the battery with the same brand and was plugged in no different then the one replaced. I can take a pic later if needed.....
The Following User Says Thank You to chrisbanks00 For This Useful Post:
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 09:49 AM

New Site Garage
Thumbs up

Okey dokey - I posted some pics of your model and 750 wiring up a few months back, similar problem, one was damaged wiring behind the fuse box, the other was a faulty latch or power relay. I'll try and find those pics and post em up tomorrow.
In the meantime I'd suggest you look at the wiring diagram and check those fuse as well as the relays under you seat.
I'll Edit your heading for you so others will know too, good luck - ah you got that sorted yourself, good man
Attached Images

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

Last edited by Donsy; 04-20-2017 at 09:53 AM.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 11:41 AM

The diodes spring to mind...

Joe
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

@gotojoe.....is that something easy to check? I'm not sure where these are located to test...
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbanks00 View Post
@gotojoe.....is that something easy to check? I'm not sure where these are located to test...

Chris, I'm just getting ready to travel ..Have a look on the forum search as this has been gone over before a few times.

If someone has inadvertently connected the battery in reverse, even for a fraction of a second then it can KO the diodes.

On my F4 there is a diode across the primary wires of the starter solenoid. Yours may be also under the seat on the right.

Hope you find it !

Joe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode