NEC Motorcycle Show 2102 - MVAgusta.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-14-2012, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Bruce Taylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hertfordshire UK
Posts: 913
Send a message via Skype™ to Bruce Taylor
NEC Motorcycle Show 2012

It appears that MV are not one of the exhibitors at this years show, now that is very disappointing

Last edited by Bruce Taylor; 10-14-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Bruce Taylor is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-14-2012, 12:03 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hickory, NC
Posts: 500
That would make no sense, given the aggressive sales increases the company is looking for and the release of the F3/B3 and more models in the pipeline.
rz33v4 is offline  
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-14-2012, 01:14 PM
Established Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 75
Well the NEC show is less than a week after EICMA so the logistics of moving stuff from Milan to Birmingham would be quite a challenge for a relatively small manufacturer. The NEC is more of a corner shop event compared to EICMA anyway so if I was to choose which show I would go to it would be EICMA any day.
The MV stand there is invariably the most stunning one at the show and worth the trip.
Cheers
Gordon
gordon is offline  
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-14-2012, 05:45 PM
Established Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon View Post
Well the NEC show is less than a week after EICMA so the logistics of moving stuff from Milan to Birmingham would be quite a challenge for a relatively small manufacturer. The NEC is more of a corner shop event compared to EICMA anyway so if I was to choose which show I would go to it would be EICMA any day.
The MV stand there is invariably the most stunning one at the show and worth the trip.
Cheers
Gordon
The thing is everyone else can get there! Even the smallest bespoke manufactures make an effort & they have less money in the coffers than MV.

It amazes me that a company who is striving for profitable sales can not be arsed to showcase its products at the only major bike show in the UK.

It is either arrogance or stupidity on their part.

There is a lot of owners of MV"s in the UK [inc me!] & it stinks that I can not approach any official from MV and talk about the bike I own & The possible purchase of a new bike/model.
It can be very reassuring to discuss the joys & frustration of owning an MV & also to give them feedback & receive some assurances back.

That is why this year I have spent my dosh on another italian brand who can be bothered to showcase its products & actually have some back up.
bungle is offline  
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-16-2012, 04:24 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by bungle View Post
The thing is everyone else can get there! Even the smallest bespoke manufactures make an effort & they have less money in the coffers than MV.

It amazes me that a company who is striving for profitable sales can not be arsed to showcase its products at the only major bike show in the UK.

It is either arrogance or stupidity on their part.

There is a lot of owners of MV"s in the UK [inc me!] & it stinks that I can not approach any official from MV and talk about the bike I own & The possible purchase of a new bike/model.
It can be very reassuring to discuss the joys & frustration of owning an MV & also to give them feedback & receive some assurances back.

That is why this year I have spent my dosh on another italian brand who can be bothered to showcase its products & actually have some back up.
There is no accounting for some peoples taste now is there...mv don't need to show, they have people like me talking up the awesome f3 at race meetings. Think i could have taken two deposits at the last one! :-P

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Motorcycle.com App
MVF3_40 is offline  
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-18-2012, 08:12 AM
Senior Member
 
mikef4uk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Chester UK
Posts: 5,193
I've got the same attitude as MV...........................i'm off to EICMA, Nov 13th

Makes you wonder if mV care about the uK market

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)


MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mikef4uk is offline  
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-18-2012, 08:16 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Bruce Taylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hertfordshire UK
Posts: 913
Send a message via Skype™ to Bruce Taylor
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikef4uk View Post
I've got the same attitude as MV...........................i'm off to EICMA, Nov 13th

Makes you wonder if mV care about the uK market
Lucky man, look forward to your feed back, if any from MV
Bruce Taylor is offline  
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-18-2012, 11:02 AM
Senior Member
 
mikef4uk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Chester UK
Posts: 5,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Taylor View Post
Lucky man, look forward to your feed back, if any from MV
First stop is always the MV stand

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)


MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mikef4uk is offline  
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-18-2012, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Bruce Taylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hertfordshire UK
Posts: 913
Send a message via Skype™ to Bruce Taylor
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikef4uk View Post
First stop is always the MV stand
Will expect pics and report!!!
Bruce Taylor is offline  
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 08:15 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Bruce Taylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hertfordshire UK
Posts: 913
Send a message via Skype™ to Bruce Taylor
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikef4uk View Post
First stop is always the MV stand
Mike
I have sent you a private message
Bruce
Bruce Taylor is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome