I love it but - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

I love it but

Hi to all,

I live in Portsmouth in the UK and I have just taken delivery of my 61 plate (2011) F4RR fitted with bodis exhaust. I've been out today and the bike is a joy but as I returned home and hit traffic the temperature went up and it started to sound really rough is this just how it's going to be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 05:49 PM

New Site Garage
Hi Simon, welcome to the forum. All MVs seem to run hot in traffic. Not too sure about the sounding rough bit though.

Will be passing through your port tomorrow on the way to Spain

Chas
MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 12:20 AM

Welcome from Salisbury - where did you get her from ? Might be worth getting someone like Motocorsa to look her over for piece of mind - my 800 never gets more than one bar over even in 37 degrees of heat

Iím not crazy. My reality is just different than yours.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 07:44 AM Thread Starter

I purchased it from Bennett's MV Agusta dealership, excellent service etc they picked up my old bike and delivered my MV. I've been out on it again today and it's running fine so I'm associating the rough bit with the heat and heavy traffic.
CharLy likes this.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 09:01 AM
Established Member

I have the F4 and it does (although not as bad as it used to) get horrendously hot in traffic, although cant say it sounds rough. I have a different water pump fitted and my fans kick in earlier than standard to help. Biggest help is just anticipating the traffic and allow it to cool to a sensible temperature before hitting town. If I exit the lanes and I've been pressing on and then go straight into traffic she will sky rocket in temperature. That will also cook the rear brake.

Arron

----------------------------------------
2015 MV F4, ABS
ECU Mapped
QS & Blipper working

others
GSXR 1000
GSXR 750
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 10:27 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to christosc
Welcome Simon,
I have a 2012 RR so similar to yours. It does get a bit hot in London traffic, once it even let some coolant go after I switched off the engine at home, but it never sounded rough while it was hot.
Apart from that one experience (July last year on a very hot and sunny day in solid London traffic) I haven't had any other issues regarding overheating.

Chris

2012 F4 RR Corsacorta
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 01:48 PM

Bennetts are a good dealers - and it's Italian so allowed to be a bit temperamental at times .

Iím not crazy. My reality is just different than yours.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

It may sound mad but I love that it's all not straight forward and a little temperamental coming from a fixer thou I'm loving it!
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

PS, when are we getting together? Loomies, portsdown hill?
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 11:06 PM

Hi Simon and welcome from fellow F4 RR rider. Yes, I do find it gets hot in traffic also, and the back of my right leg really feel it, often red raw by the time I get home, I'll have to do something about that midpipe but I don't like wrap .... As for roughness, I get the opposite of yours, it's a little rough on cold start, but once warm it just purrs beautifully.

Both my MVs get hot and I've asked around about upgrades etc. but most people seem to think the engine running around town at higher temp (in the acceptable operating temp range) is OK, and that I should only worry if it runs in the higher temp range when in higher rev range. So for now I've just accept that MVs run a bit hotter than my previous bikes.

Who moved my cheese?

MY04 Brutale 750S

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode