New to forum - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 07:38 PM Thread Starter

New to forum

Hello,
I joined the forum as I am considering a B800RR to fill a gap in my garage. I currently own two Aprilias and a KTM but need a middle weight naked that is light and handles well. Same handle on the AF1 and Ducati forums.
I am curious, does doing your own service including valves have a negative affect on the warranty?
Is the sprag going out on me pretty much a given or is it a hit and miss type thing.
Beyond that, any info on the B800RR I should know would be helpful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 11:21 PM

welcome bro
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 03:52 AM
Established Member

There is nothing quite like an MV.

B800RR is an awesome choice. Only problem I have had was the sprag clutch replaced under warrenty (and i could still start the bike using the clutch lever workaround - push starter button and pull clutch lever in untill the position switch is made and starter starts spinning).

two years later i'm still smiling each time i ride.

Faster and Faster untill the fear of death subsides.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 06:37 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Welcome to the family.....who banned you ?

Anyway, the sprag was an early teething pain that is no longer reported. Buy it and you'll quit riding those other things.
Warranty (at least in this country) is not voided by doing your own services (keep records) as long as the failure (should you have one) wasn't caused by your lack of knowledge or proper tools.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit) restoration project, '71 CB100 "Lil' Red", '73 RD350B (Orange Bird) restoration project, '08 TT-R110 (Buster) Pam's ride, '05 TT-R230 (Dirty Girl), 2015 Indian Chietain (Rita) my "low-n-slow".
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

Good to know about the warranty since I prefer doing my own service. The bike I am considering is a 2015. The sprag and radiator have been replaced under warranty. I assume the radiator will leak again in the future but the sprag is supposed to be an updated one.
I'll decide soon but I should probably stay away from the internet and reading about all the negative issues so I don't get scared off.
If I had done the same amount of research on the Aprilias I probably wouldn't have bought them and would have missed out on a great bike.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 07:25 AM

I've got a 2015 RR and loving it. No complaints from me at all. I used to own Ducati's but they became as common as Japanese bikes. No looking back. The triple is a sweet engine. What color is it? I have the red and white.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 04:40 PM

Remember that most of the internet stuff will be negative, there are not many people who take the time to post what a great time they are having as they are out riding.

If you are doing all your own work make sure you have access to a dealer who has the software package to do the electrical stuff on the eldor ecu.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

The one I am looking at will need the 7500 mile service soon. I didn't see anything that would require a hookup to the ecu for that service.
I do have 2 dealers within 50 miles though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode