Purchase of Leon Camiers 2016 WSBK - MVAgusta.net
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 09:11 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Purchase of Leon Camiers 2016 WSBK

So ive finally had some time to sit down and write out quickly how it all came about and how I ended up with Leon Camiers WSBK.

At the 2016 WSBK Phillip Island round,i as invited by MV Agusta Australia for a behind the scenes visit of the Reparto Corse team pitlane garage. After meeting and talking with the team, I was introoduced to Leon Camier and his race bike the F4 RC. It wasn't long thereafter i enquired on how i could own the race bike, as i noticed there were two in the garage.

Through subsequent discussions with MV Agusta Australia, negotiations and further meetings were schedule upon my behalf with the Reparto Corse Team Manager.
I was invited as a VIP to the WSBK Assen Round in Europe to begin what would become the start to negotiations, including what i would like from the lengthy list of special upgrades to the race going F4RC. Meeting the team once again and seeing the bike in action was part of the intimate MV Agusta experience.

After the race, i was flown to the MV Agusta factory in Varese Italy to tour the facility and be shown further special race parts for my F4RC.
Soon afterwards, i returned as a guest to Italy to test my F4RC at the Mugello circuit, which was quickly cancelled following a blocked out competition weekend and instead visited the Cremona Circuit in Milan. The Reparto Corse team set out to refine and test the setup of my F4RC to my own settings and technique.

Near the completion of the final F4 RC, i was once again invited back to Europe, this time in Spain for the Jerez WSBK round, where afterwards i sat with Claudio and the teams head mechanic to provide personal input for changes to my road RC which subsequently will be offered to all RC owners in the future. We spoke together about the issues the RC has and devised soloutions and parts which will fix the problems and give new RC owners the opportunity to have special racing parts for there bikes as well. (Watch this space)

It was here the decision had been made that Leon Camier's F4 RC most recent updates would also be included on my F4 RC. The idea being, it had to be exactly the same. The upgrades included many new performance updates and a one-off gearbox. These same upgrades were responsible for the F4 RC's great performance in the season with multiple forth place positions and high standings in the rider championship. As you can imagine the development of the bike was continuing and so I asked for any new development to be included to the second bike as well of course to my cost.

Back in Australia, i had a minor speed bump with his application to import the motorcycle not living up to Canberra's paperwork. However, with a little more work I was able to freight the bike in by plane and only recently uncrated the bike at the new MV Agusta Parramatta store. A big thankyou goes to David and Damian the owners of the store who are good friends of mine for allowing me to use there workshop and display the bike in the store. The guys are an absolute tribute the the brand.

The ongoing support from Varese continues, as they feel my feedback on the performance and design of new parts for his F4 RC would give them a better understanding form them to soon release a very special limited edition model.
This special attention extended further by the Reparto Corse team taking a special trip to Australia to do further testing with me at eastern creek for 2 days on my new F4 RC to get the setup correct.

In addition, the Reparto Corse team will extend the WSBK stay at Phillip Island in 2017 for further testing on march the 2nd and 3rd so for anyone who is around please you are more than welcome to come in and say hi and meet the crew.

the whole process was taken over a full year from the initial time I met the team at phillip island to reciving the bike well just under a year. Claudio and Andrea are fantastic men who have given me a once in a lifetime opportunity to won something really special. The bike was ridden in the rimmini round in Italy and the scruteniring sticker is still on the frame as you will see by the photos.

I have attached a dropbox link for the entire process with a short video of the trackday in Italy.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xxb9idlcz...87PjxdUVa?dl=0

sam

Wow Sam, what is going on here ?
doggy likes this.

Last edited by Donsy; 01-18-2017 at 10:47 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to wnehme For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 09:31 PM

That is quite a story and a beautiful bike. Especially the swing arm. Congratulations
The Following User Says Thank You to number2 For This Useful Post:
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 10:30 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by number2 View Post
That is quite a story and a beautiful bike. Especially the swing arm. Congratulations
thanks mate...the swing arm costs a bomb and it needs to be xrayed often for cracks cause its a delicate picece of billet lol
post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 10:49 PM

New Site Garage
I'm playing around with your settings to try and figure out what's going on Sam, this is a new one for me for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnehme
So ive finally had some time to sit down and write out quickly how it all came about and how I ended up with Leon Camiers WSBK.

At the 2016 WSBK Phillip Island round,i as invited by MV Agusta Australia for a behind the scenes visit of the Reparto Corse team pitlane garage. After meeting and talking with the team, I was introoduced to Leon Camier and his race bike the F4 RC. It wasn't long thereafter i enquired on how i could own the race bike, as i noticed there were two in the garage.

Through subsequent discussions with MV Agusta Australia, negotiations and further meetings were schedule upon my behalf with the Reparto Corse Team Manager.
I was invited as a VIP to the WSBK Assen Round in Europe to begin what would become the start to negotiations, including what i would like from the lengthy list of special upgrades to the race going F4RC. Meeting the team once again and seeing the bike in action was part of the intimate MV Agusta experience.

After the race, i was flown to the MV Agusta factory in Varese Italy to tour the facility and be shown further special race parts for my F4RC.
Soon afterwards, i returned as a guest to Italy to test my F4RC at the Mugello circuit, which was quickly cancelled following a blocked out competition weekend and instead visited the Cremona Circuit in Milan. The Reparto Corse team set out to refine and test the setup of my F4RC to my own settings and technique.

Near the completion of the final F4 RC, i was once again invited back to Europe, this time in Spain for the Jerez WSBK round, where afterwards i sat with Claudio and the teams head mechanic to provide personal input for changes to my road RC which subsequently will be offered to all RC owners in the future. We spoke together about the issues the RC has and devised soloutions and parts which will fix the problems and give new RC owners the opportunity to have special racing parts for there bikes as well. (Watch this space)

It was here the decision had been made that Leon Camier's F4 RC most recent updates would also be included on my F4 RC. The idea being, it had to be exactly the same. The upgrades included many new performance updates and a one-off gearbox. These same upgrades were responsible for the F4 RC's great performance in the season with multiple forth place positions and high standings in the rider championship. As you can imagine the development of the bike was continuing and so I asked for any new development to be included to the second bike as well of course to my cost.

Back in Australia, i had a minor speed bump with his application to import the motorcycle not living up to Canberra's paperwork. However, with a little more work I was able to freight the bike in by plane and only recently uncrated the bike at the new MV Agusta Parramatta store. A big thankyou goes to David and Damian the owners of the store who are good friends of mine for allowing me to use there workshop and display the bike in the store. The guys are an absolute tribute the the brand.

The ongoing support from Varese continues, as they feel my feedback on the performance and design of new parts for his F4 RC would give them a better understanding form them to soon release a very special limited edition model.
This special attention extended further by the Reparto Corse team taking a special trip to Australia to do further testing with me at eastern creek for 2 days on my new F4 RC to get the setup correct.

In addition, the Reparto Corse team will extend the WSBK stay at Phillip Island in 2017 for further testing on march the 2nd and 3rd so for anyone who is around please you are more than welcome to come in and say hi and meet the crew.

the whole process was taken over a full year from the initial time I met the team at phillip island to reciving the bike well just under a year. Claudio and Andrea are fantastic men who have given me a once in a lifetime opportunity to won something really special. The bike was ridden in the rimmini round in Italy and the scruteniring sticker is still on the frame as you will see by the photos.

I have attached a dropbox link for the entire process with a short video of the trackday in Italy.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xxb9idlcz...87PjxdUVa?dl=0

sam

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -

Last edited by Donsy; 01-18-2017 at 10:55 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Donsy For This Useful Post:
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 11:28 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Yeah...whats with the post showing up in the avatar side bar??

What a story. You are a fortunate man.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit) restoration project, '71 CB100 "Lil' Red", '73 RD350B (Orange Bird) restoration project, '08 TT-R110 (Buster) Pam's ride, '05 TT-R230 (Dirty Girl), 2015 Indian Chietain (Rita) my "low-n-slow".
post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 11:41 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
Yeah...whats with the post showing up in the avatar side bar??

What a story. You are a fortunate man.
i am very fortunate and im forever grateful i had given this opportunity it was between me and another guy in holland who wanted the bike. Guess i was the lucky one
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 12:03 AM

Thank you for sharing the story.
In terms of riding, what are the things that impressed you, stroked you the most in comparison to a "normal" F4?

Nes

Last edited by Nesca; 01-19-2017 at 12:25 AM.
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 12:04 AM

New Site Garage
Hey Sam, could you try posting from a PC somewhere please ?

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 02:14 AM
Established Member

outstanding. Jealous as hell, I'm sure you will have fun both riding and maintaining.

Arron

----------------------------------------
2015 MV F4, ABS
ECU Mapped
QS & Blipper working

others
GSXR 1000
GSXR 750
post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 02:44 AM

well this is freakn awesome man
wellllllll done

Sanity is the playground for the un-imaginative

2005 f4 1000
2004 rs125
1995 rgv250
1992 yz250
1991 kr1s
2010 gts300

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode