MV Agusta RVS unveiled - Page 3 - MVAgusta.net
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 08:27 AM

New Site Garage
It looks to me like they have run the numbers and believe Ltd edition bikes with bits of bling bolted on them is where the money is. The RC 800's sold so well the Ltd edition run has been getting fatter and fatter ever since and they've now extended it to the pretty much all the other models they make. As this is RVS#1 expect a #2, #3, #4 etc etc in the not too distant future

I just wish he'd make up his mind, a few years ago he said the special editions confused and diluted the brand and I agree. He wanted to focus on increasing production numbers, now that's all out the window and we are back to limited editions again.

It seems to me, especially with those tyres, they are going after the cool cafe racer market a bit like the R9T.
Personally I'd rather give £25k to a bike builder and say build me something cool with this........?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Interested in anything that Sucks, Bangs and Blows!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 12:19 PM

If it is coming from the factory then it cannot be very personalized so I agree it would be more fun to do it yourself. Not sure how the Dragster 800 engine compares to the RVS, but it seems you could do a lot of customizing for the difference in price
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 05:39 PM

New Site Garage
Talking to a sales rep the other day and was told there are conditions to buying them, I.E. must already be a MV owner, order books close at the end of the month and they will make as many as have been ordered then it will be on to RVS #2.
Apparently they have plenty of bling included, cnc parts, titanium exhaust etc.
I do however take salesman talk with a large pinch of salt, so we'll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red800 View Post
.E. must already be a MV owner,
Sound like GC is gearing up to be the Ferrari of the bike world. A client of mine closed a deal and made a heap of $$$, went to try and buy a Ferrari and 'apparently' they won't sell him the car he wanted because that's reserved for current owners of Ferraris. He bought a BMW instead.

Who moved my cheese?

MY04 Brutale 750S
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 12:22 PM

http://www.anibis.ch/de/motorrad-~-v...po&so=d&fcid=0

4,5Mg~3Al~2Ti~Fe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 02:13 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
I like the offset lights, but I am not a fan of nice street bikes calling themselves dual sport. A KTM EXC is fine on the road, but this bike is not meant for the dirt. Ninety five percent of owners will never get it off the pavement, like me as a previous GS owner. I know there are guys who do, but it is just strange to see a GS getting two feet of air over a mud puddle.

It is like the jeans on the evening news a few weeks ago from Nordstroms that sold for $420 with real mud on them. It is for guys who want to get dirty, but can not seem to find the time.

It is a beautiful bike, though. Anything that is not a CBR 600 look alike, I like. Character.

Terry_________________________________________
Tecumseh Minibike, SL 70, KE 100, XR250L, KLR650, ST800, XR650L, 525EXC, 450EXC, GS1200R, 2016 TVL 800
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-23-2017, 12:09 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul.RP View Post
Sound like GC is gearing up to be the Ferrari of the bike world. A client of mine closed a deal and made a heap of $$$, went to try and buy a Ferrari and 'apparently' they won't sell him the car he wanted because that's reserved for current owners of Ferraris. He bought a BMW instead.

I like the bike. Even the tires. I can't hit the gravel like that on my F4RR. My impression is it would make a great urban bike.

As far as Ferrari goes, with their limited edition cars, they have required current and loyal ownership to buy one since the F40. An acquaintance of mine got an Enzo because he has bought many Ferraris over a couple of decades and keeps them. The factory decided who got one, not the dealers. They prefer those cars in the hands of loyal collectors, not speculators. The dealers aren't allowed to mark them up over MSRP either.

2014 F4 RR
2008 Yamaha Raider S
1982 Suzuki GS850L
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-23-2017, 03:28 PM

at those prices there is no need to mark them up
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 11:50 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by number2 View Post
at those prices there is no need to mark them up

True but think about it. Enzo's were about $700K back in '04-ish so the dealer might be making $70K tops. There were 11 of them available in the US. They could easily get $1MM plus, plus ,plus if they put it out for auction to their clients. Guys were paying $1MM to the dealer for the GT40 that listed for $500K.

2014 F4 RR
2008 Yamaha Raider S
1982 Suzuki GS850L

Tags
mv agusta rsvs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode