No warranty work being done. - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 09:29 AM Thread Starter
Established Member
No warranty work being done.

I had a warranty claim with my local dealer for the starter clutch failure for about 4 or 5 months now. I talked to them today and the story they gave me now is that MV is no longer accepting any warranty claims and even if I wanted to pay out of pocket for the work (which I will not) they cannot even order any parts from them. Seems very odd to me. Are they going to extend my warranty by the number of months they are deny to cover me now? Does anyone have the contact info for the North American rep?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
Established Member
Found the number
(215) 781-1770
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 10:12 AM

New Site Garage
That's really strange unless your dealer is no longer a dealer so they can't do warranty claims and they can't order parts from the factory. I could be way off, it's happened before, but something is not adding up here.

2014 F4 RR
2008 Yamaha Raider S
1982 Suzuki GS850L
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 10:21 AM

New Site Garage
Well... Mine is being replaced next week and I tell you that I am not paying.

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 10:40 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
CD, who is your dealer? Just curious as I'm in the NY area as well. Thanks.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 01:02 PM

New Site Garage
Could it be down to the transition between distributors in the USA?

Take a chance while you still got the choice.
F3-800 / RVF400. Lancashire, England.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 01:06 PM Thread Starter
Established Member
It's Gold Coast. I spoke to someone at MV NA and they said that wasn't right either and are investigating. We shall see. The sad thing is Gold Coast told me that some poor schmuck has had his MV in the shop since March waiting for MV to approve the fix under warranty. Don't think I would stand for that.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 02:26 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
That is the dealer's fault. Not MV
Sounds like time to find another dealer.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit) restoration project, '71 CB100 "Lil' Red", '73 RD350B (Orange Bird) restoration project, '08 TT-R110 (Buster) Pam's ride, '05 TT-R230 (Dirty Girl), 2015 Indian Chietain (Rita) my "low-n-slow".
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 08:51 AM

I know this thread is kind of old but I had my sprag, rear break pump and gas tank all replaced under warranty in late February. My dealer had no problems getting the warranty work approved.
For those in the lower part of NY I suggest using Rockwell Cycles as your warranty dealer. Great place.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 09:39 AM

New Site Garage
I think this is a common issue where certain dealers have a good relationship with MV and others don't, or have had something of a falling out with the factory over payments for fitting warranty items. The trick is in finding those that are 'better connected'. Recommendation on here is one way.

I've been forced, by the closure of Ed Coskers, to find another dealer so Motocorsa are, despite the distance (200+ mile round trip), the ones that now look after my bike. Have had an ongoing issue with my quick shifter since June last year and trying to get Coskers to sort this under warranty. Dropped into Motocorsa a couple of weeks back for them to have a look at it, they agreed it was faulty, submitted a claim and the new sensor arrived from the factory all within just over a week. I was expecting a drawn out battle and a wait for parts, got to say that I'm impressed and will be sticking with them. They also did a couple of TSBs, sorted the rear brake (Tom's suggestion after his shakedown ride after fitting new exhaust) and updated the engine map. Had been waiting for Coskers to do the TSBs for some time due to lack of parts.

To be fair my experience with Ed Coskers above might have been related to the factory closures last year or possibly his failing relationship with MV?

Chas
MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode