Slight Bulge in Tank - Page 4 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014, 10:33 AM
Pick your brain ASSAIL

Not to hijack the thread, but I do have a question for ASSAIL...

As you "work on ferraris and maseratis every single day" and have previously on porsches...what do you consider to be a great modern exotic sports car or sports/GT car?

I ask because I am in the market for one and have been looking at used 599's, 911/996 turbo, and Murcielago LP640.
However, if you are aware of an exotic that had good quality, with reliability and performance, I would be interested to hear.

My current daily driver is a GT car and whatever I get would be used frequently also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSAIL View Post
i work on ferraris and maseratis every single day.... if you saw some of the things that get passed qc at factory i promise you there is no way you would ever consider buying one.
The only reason i havent burned my bike to the ground is because i fix it myself, i knew i was buying junk before i bought it, i just didnt realise how bad it would be.

Worked at porsche for a few years prior and the difference is night and day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014, 11:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fentible View Post

I'm of the opinion that as ethanol is hygroscopic, the fuel in the standing tank absorbed water and that had the impact on the plastic tank. The regularly used T509 had a constant supply of fresh fuel so didn't stand long enough to absorb water...
That's very interesting. Would b interesting to experiment. Can someone have MV send us... A dozen F4 tanks. That should be enough for a control group and such.
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-27-2014, 07:41 AM

Send a message via AIM to silentservice703 Send a message via Yahoo to silentservice703 Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
What has the impact on the tank is ethanol...not the water. The plastic Acerbis uses is not qualified to hold ethanol.

GAPALICIOUS II, Tellico Edition, Sept 27 - Oct 1, 2017

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-30-2014, 07:44 AM
Established Member

I also ended up with a bulged tank on my '10 1090RR. Unbelievably, I received my replacement in only one months time!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-04-2014, 07:40 PM

Just received replacement tank for our 2010 1090RR (18 month wait). Is it safe to assume that the tanks NOW being supplied to Agusta are of the correct formulation?
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-05-2014, 01:37 AM

It's likely the same material, get it epoxy lined.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode