MV Agusta Forum banner

2013 Brutale 1090...Opinions

3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Elefant900 
#1 ·
Am purchasing a 2013 Brutale 1090 with about 5k miles. Things I should expect, change, appreciate...??? Looking for advise. I have sold my Duc Monster and am excited about my new purchase!!!

#2 ·
I don't have a Brutale, but I think the 2012 and 2013 were solid bikes, very desirable, and great buys today. There were some issues with gas tanks that expanded, but most should have been replaced under warranty if affected. You can probably search on it here, or get a more informed response regarding the tanks. I had a Monster for more than ten years - you won't regret the move to MV! Good luck!

Reactions: Mdsax17
#3 ·
A mate of mine just bought one. previous owner had replaced about 3/4 batteries without going to the dealer to get it checked under warranty. Anyway the generator stator was fried. Not saying it's a common problem but check the charging if you can.

Cheers

Deano

#4 ·
Love mine mate - absolutely bullet proof so far. Like all modern MVs - as long as you religiously follow the maintenance schedule and have the work done by a reliable and qualified MV technician, you can expect Japanese like reliability. Skimp on the maintenance or let the local apprentice have a crack at it, and you'll be feeling the pain in short order.

Parts wise, Evolutionbike is one of your best bets for any modifications.

#5 ·
I have the first year 2010 1090RR and absolutely love it. It is supposed to have a weaker bottom end and better top end, but I couldn't confirm any weakness in the bottom end. It will EASILY wheelie in first and second on throttle and light clutch ups in 3rd. It's tied for my favorite bike i've ever owned. I like my power and this bike has it. I am also an ex road racer and I find it handles very well with outstanding brakes. I turn off the traction control cause I like sliding the rear end, but that's just me. Coming from a Monster, you will be in for a HUGE surprise with the 1090. The Monster will seem like an old tractor in comparison.

Reactions: cruiser and Mdsax17
#8 ·
I have a 2013 1090RR, which I picked up new in 2015. Done around 14,000kms now and its been pretty good except for a couple of minor things.
The exhaust shield that covers the exhaust butterfly was tack welded on the lugs, one lug came loose - fixed under warranty at 6,000kms service.
My LH mirror case fractured where the arm goes into it, I'd never hit anything with it and the 'temporary' MV dealer I went to, denied the claim saying it looked like it had been wrenched. It happened after taking the bike on a 700 day trip through the Snowies and I suspected vibrations had caused the issue - I'd only left it unattended in a public space one time, during that trip for about 1/2 hour so not sure what caused it - they could have been right. Ended up putting on bar end mirrors myself, even though they are smaller they work better than the OEM, as I can now see behind me rather than looking mostly at my shoulders.

Other than the above, its been a blast and I can't say I haven't enjoyed riding it every single time - it makes commuting fun!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.