Rivale 800 working like a TRACTOR >>>??? - MVAgusta.net
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

Rivale 800 working like a TRACTOR >>>???

hello mates
thats me in the pictures ))
I'm pround owner of MV AGUSTA RIVALE 800 at the end of 2013 year model.
I bought the bike second hand. Nowadays it is around 2700 kilometars.
I had just change oil with 5W40 motul 300 V and put centrobetic balance inside tyres. I greased the chain and actually I want to service the bike.

That what is bodering me is a noise wich comes when bike is at neutral gear and clutch is released. When clutch lever is pressed sound dissaperar. I'm also hearing sound too when I'm riding at low rpms. When I'm at any gear and clutch is pressed no sound. I think that this noise is from bad bearing behind clutch cassete wich hold metal and ferodo disks. I uploaded a video with pressing and releasing clutch lever so you can hear the sound in the link below:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9J...ew?usp=sharing

This sound is a pain in my ass (( ... Please say is this normal sound??? do you hear this with your motorbikes???

You can see in pictures below that when I untightened oil bolt there was too many metal parts on the magnet.

below I will put another link with videos where I'm showing how I lube my chain and with centobetic balance

ALSO my Quick shifter don't work ... but I have faulty gear sensor indicator. I have ordered it and I'm waiting to come to see if quick shifter will be repaired after changing the sensor indicator.
ALSO I don't have hand guards with left and right indicators and parkling lights ... I'm open to suggestion or buy stock ones ???
ALSO I don't have passenger foot steps ... and this is a big problem. I can't ride with girls behind me DD

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE !!!
CHEERS
Attached Images

Last edited by tratlioto; 05-04-2017 at 05:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 10:57 PM

New Site Garage
This bike looks like it was abused in a previous life. Now that level of care seems to be continuing.

Seems like maybe you want to make the bikes condition better but you need to learn more before doing things.
tratlioto likes this.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 01:01 AM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
What the hell is that hose doing there from the tyre valve.
Never seen anything like that before.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Work.Email & Paypal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 02:35 AM

New Site Garage
Rivale 800 working like a TRACTOR >>>???

They are all noisey/rattle on idle in neutral and quieten down when you pull the clutch in so I'd say that's normal. Always hard to tell from a video though and the sound is usually different to being there?

Never seen or heard of those balance beads before, what's wrong with balancing the wheel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
tratlioto likes this.

Interested in anything that Sucks, Bangs and Blows!

Last edited by Ackers; 05-05-2017 at 08:10 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ackers For This Useful Post:
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 06:52 AM

Send a message via AIM to silentservice703 Send a message via Yahoo to silentservice703 Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
@tratlioto: These bikes are not hard to work on if you have a good set of skills.

You will find that some folks, including myself, are not fans of the balance beads for reasons of imprecise balance at speed. The resonance changes; hence the warning on the packaging.

Your chain certainly needs to be cleaned well, not just lubricated. It has kinks and rough spots that probably indicate the need for a change of sprockets and drive chain.

The clutch noise, at least in the video does sound excessive to me. I would have someone skilled pull it apart and asses the situation while planning on a change of clutch plates.

The detritus on your oil plug is probably the result of the previous owner's abuse. You have changed the oil and filter. Do it again in 300 miles. Yes, 300. (or 500km if you prefer.)

@mitchy: The tube is what is use to add the balance beads to the tire...the tube comes off after the beads are added.
tratlioto likes this.

GAPALICIOUS II, Tellico Edition, Sept 27 - Oct 1, 2017

The Following User Says Thank You to silentservice703 For This Useful Post:
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 12:56 PM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentservice703 View Post
@tratlioto: These bikes are not hard to work on if you have a good set of skills.

You will find that some folks, including myself, are not fans of the balance beads for reasons of imprecise balance at speed. The resonance changes; hence the warning on the packaging.

Your chain certainly needs to be cleaned well, not just lubricated. It has kinks and rough spots that probably indicate the need for a change of sprockets and drive chain.

The clutch noise, at least in the video does sound excessive to me. I would have someone skilled pull it apart and asses the situation while planning on a change of clutch plates.

The detritus on your oil plug is probably the result of the previous owner's abuse. You have changed the oil and filter. Do it again in 300 miles. Yes, 300. (or 500km if you prefer.)

@mitchy: The tube is what is use to add the balance beads to the tire...the tube comes off after the beads are added.
Thanks for explaining that Chuck,I was starting to get worried there.lol
tratlioto likes this.

Work.Email & Paypal.

Mobile-0423041326
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

hello mates
@airjawed I will do my best man !!! ))

@mitchy as @silentservice703 said this hose is for adding balance beads to the tyres. I added them with compressed air because my valves are not straight and has small holes. After that you take the hose off.

@Ackers actually I have a balance machine for motors - this is what I do (I work in service). Balance beads are different type of balance (centrifugal one). They are gift for me and I want to try them. They are often used in trucks and people are satisfied.(no problems with them)

Sound from the video is pretty closed to the real one !!! I was thinking to demount clutch and see whats wrong inside but first I wanted to ask people with the same motocycles - engine what are hearing??? normal or not because a lot mechanic said that italian ones are very loud ... ??? I'm not in hurry I want to check first all information then to action
@silentservice703 I always can take off balance beads and balance the tyre. I wanted to try them. Actually it is pretty normal 28 gr for front tyre and 58 gr for rear one as I have in my experiance with balancing.
I cleaned the chain with wire brush before I made video. (now I'm thinking that I can use compressed air instead)
I checked the adjusment of chain and it is good. It is closed to 116 mm as described in the manual. Tomorrow I will check for kinks and rough spots.I gues that this came from that bike is hooked with belts on the lift and is vibrating but I will check and inspect the whole chain and sprockets.

"The clutch noise, at least in the video does sound excessive to me. I would have someone skilled pull it apart and asses the situation while planning on a change of clutch plates." - I think that this sound is coming form the bearing behind clutch cassete. I will demount and check it as soon as I have time ... I didn't write that when you are going from gear to gear it is not smooth. There is a click sound ... and when I pass form first to second gear often I stock to neutral ... and this is not from my style of driving. I have drive a lot bikes in my life and I know how to switch gears ...
I will write any result which appear, since then I'm open to learn something

thank you in advance
Cheers
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 03:55 PM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
If your model bike is fitted with a slipper clutch (not sure) the clicking feel or sound is the slipper clutch which means it is quite normal.
Do you use the clutch to upshift? If you do,try upshifting without using the clutch.I only use the clutch for downshifts.

Work.Email & Paypal.

Mobile-0423041326
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 11:25 PM

New Site Garage
Wire brush for cleaning the chain!? You need to be very careful as there are o-rings that seal the joint between each plate and pin. A wire brush could very easily damage these rendering the chain useless in a relatively short period of time.

I use paraffin and an old soft toothbrush or a cloth to clean the chain. Don't do this with the engine running and in gear (a stand is ideally required), especially with a cloth, loosing some fingers is a very painful possibility. Then apply a quality aerosol chain lubricant or use gear oil. The latter will fling off. Decent aerosol chain lubricant will be very sticky and sound last longer.
tratlioto likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bumpkin For This Useful Post:
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-08-2017, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

hello guys

Can someone tell me where exactly goes clutch wire (from clutch lever to clutch cassete)??? because on my bike path is wrong ??? It will be easy if you make pictures.

Thank you in advance

Cheers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode