Quickshifter stopped working - MVAgusta.net
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quickshifter stopped working

Hi just letting mv owners whose quickshifter has stopped working or works intermittently , I'm onto my 3rd quickshifter now and was getting pissed off with them packing in !! When yet again it packed in but started the other day for a few miles then stopped and started lol so I spoke to a guy who has had the same problems and he advised me to do the following , take the quickshifter off and soak it in wd40 / ac90 or an equivalent for about and hour, I made an adapter rod threaded internally to fit the plunger end or 3/4 nuts bunched together then grip it in a vice and put a bar through the gear linkage eyed end and push and pull it to work it loose , loads of black crap came out ! I did this for about 5 mins spraying with wd40 and cleaning it up I put it back on the bike took it for a ride and hey presto it works like new again , it worked for me it might work for you , it's worth a try , just thought i would pass it on
The Following User Says Thank You to Tidemark For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 05:50 PM

New Site Garage
Or you can buy a better quality Q/S module like Cordona, and never worry again.
Ackers and marksim like this.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 12:48 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
Lets be honest, we're all paying enough money for a premium branded bike.
We expect it to work. Not to malfuntion every now and then.

I myself now have 2nd radiator leak. (Leak happens after long ride and hard throttling) Ofcourse letting bike get to operation temperature.
And my quickshifter is doing weird stuff aswell from time to time.

Hello dealer, here I come.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
Banned

I would but its still under warranty so when it does pack in properly I'll just keep taking the mv one for now lol then look at purchasing a good reliable Q/S cheers
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 06:36 PM

New Site Garage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Gold_Saw View Post
Lets be honest, we're all paying enough money for a premium branded bike.
We expect it to work. Not to malfuntion every now and then.
Let's be honest ? I'd be a rich man if I had a dollar for everytime I've had to read that comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidemark View Post
I would but its still under warranty so when it does pack in properly I'll just keep taking the mv one for now lol then look at purchasing a good reliable Q/S cheers
Yes, while under warranty I can understand taking it back to dealer.

If it where mine, I know why I'd be doing, warranty or not, it's called being pro-active and very much a part of being a happy motorcycle owner.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
Cheers for that Donsy,
regarding the Cordona one you mentioned,is it a straight swop or needs the correct connector putting on.
Any links appreciated,

Found them mate
cheers for info
Donsy likes this.

F3 800 RC, Yam R1, Yam MT-09,Yam RD400F

Last edited by marksim; 04-26-2017 at 04:23 PM.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 07:17 PM

New Site Garage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksim View Post
Cheers for that Donsy,
regarding the Cordona one you mentioned,is it a straight swop or needs the correct connector putting on.
Any links appreciated,

Found them mate
cheers for info
Let us know how you get on please.
I bought my 1st one from Al at Design Corse but I'm not sure if he still deals with them as I see only the CRC units on his site, might be worth getting in touch with him though.
Evolutionbike sells the SP Electronics model, I've heard good things about them but have no experience to share - SP Electronics F3/B3/Rivale/Dragster Sensor Quick Shifter
Later one's I bough here in Australia from Kevin at Quicklap Performance.
Cordona is one of the best units on the market, with majority of the GP field using them these days.

Another well know top notch brand is called Annitori Racing in the USA, I buy my shift rods from them and the odd other parts, very good to deal with and probably easy for the US based guys to get in touch with to see if they do anything for the F3's and TVL's ...etc.

Some General info from Cordona:
Strain Gauge/Load Cell sensor Straight from MotoGP and WSB
Senses both Push and Pull linkages
Automatic set up, logic firmware asks the rider to perform an up shift after installation and the sensor will automatically learn and remember push or pull
Only 14mm diameter
Fully computerized, 25mhz processor
Automatic compensation for temperature, creep and vibration
Preload set up on digital miniature panel 1m from the Switch, adjustable 1-30kg
Upgraded in 2012 to 1.2 version, adjustable between commonly open circuit and commonly closed circuit
Sensor is available as spare in case of crash damage, plug in a new sensor and go
Absolutely water proof with sealed connectors
No movable parts
Sensor has Magic Threads and can take both Right and Left hand bolts on each end, so the sensor can be installed anywhere on the shift rod, to face in either direction
Super Durable billet made from stainless steel
Billet made 230mm Shift rod incl. and nuts and studs
Can be bought as part of our PQ8 Combo Kit or to be used with control modules such as Power Commander, Rapidbike, etc, or ECU’s such as YEC, HRC, Yoshi, etc.
Prototype tested continuously for 7 days, 603 000 upshifts with 45kg force. Equivalent of 12 years racing use.
Red800 likes this.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 12:41 AM

New Site Garage
Quickshifter stopped working

I had one on my Brutale 800, quality piece of kit, good support from Cordona themselves too if you have any questions, the only thing I had to do was get the supplied rod cut and threaded to size but that's because I didn't have a shifter before, if your replacing one you can probably use the one on your bike already. As Donsy said you set up strain weight and direction on first use so you can use either a road or race style shift, which does bring up the question if you have a down blipper on your bike you'll want it to work in both directions so you might want to check with Cordona that is does work in both direction simultaneously?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Donsy likes this.

Interested in anything that Sucks, Bangs and Blows!
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 07:58 AM

New Site Garage
I'm sure this is a stupid question, but wanted to at least ask. My stock q/s is a 2 wire, however the plug for it is 3 wires. So, could I later upgrade to a 3 wire q/s? Would my ecu need to be remapped?

2015 F3 800
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
Banned

I am a happy rider lol , it's nice to have a quickshifter but not essential as I clutchless shift anyway from first gear on my bikes that don't have a one fitted , but there is no point wasting money when I don't need to 🤔 DER !! 😏 I'm starting to realise that there are quite a few members on here who are know it alls and have an opinion on everything ? And that remark I made to you donsy about being a knob !!! I say it again your a complete fucking knob !!!! Get a life ya SAP 😌🖕🏻

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode