So I bought an MV-New Member - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

So I bought an MV-New Member

Hi everyone!

I just bought a 2004 MV F4 750 SPR. I bought it as a repo from the local credit union. It is in excellent condition with 5200 miles.

Although I am used to Italian exotica (I currently own a 2008 Aprilia RSVR Bol D'or) this is my first MV so I'm excited. I've already learned quite a bit from this forum and since I finally got the bike-it took forever for them to accept my bid) I though I'd join up and introduce myself.

I am an active rider with 6 bikes and I race a Manx Norton in the AHRMA vintage races as well as do about 10 track days a year on my Aprilia and an SV 650 track bike. I am looking forward to getting the new MV out on the track after I give it a thorough going over and fit new tires.

This is a very odd bike for this lonely part of the world so I was very surprised to run across it. Since I did not get a chance to talk to the previous owner I know nothing of it's history. If anyone knows anything about it I would love to hear from you.

Bill
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 03:18 PM

nice find, great looking bike.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 03:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybeeria View Post
Hi everyone!

I just bought a 2004 MV F4 750 SPR. I bought it as a repo from the local credit union. It is in excellent condition with 5200 miles.

Although I am used to Italian exotica (I currently own a 2008 Aprilia RSVR Bol D'or) this is my first MV so I'm excited. I've already learned quite a bit from this forum and since I finally got the bike-it took forever for them to accept my bid) I though I'd join up and introduce myself.

I am an active rider with 6 bikes and I race a Manx Norton in the AHRMA vintage races as well as do about 10 track days a year on my Aprilia and an SV 650 track bike. I am looking forward to getting the new MV out on the track after I give it a thorough going over and fit new tires.

This is a very odd bike for this lonely part of the world so I was very surprised to run across it. Since I did not get a chance to talk to the previous owner I know nothing of it's history. If anyone knows anything about it I would love to hear from you.

Bill
Welcome to the forum. Very nice SPR. That's a pretty epic find in a credit union repo sale. I bet the original owner is heartbroken. :/
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 04:13 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Congrats and welcome to the family!!

SPR is a pretty special MV...what number is yours?

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit) restoration project, '71 CB100 "Lil' Red", '73 RD350B (Orange Bird) restoration project, '08 TT-R110 (Buster) Pam's ride, '05 TT-R230 (Dirty Girl), 2015 Indian Chietain (Rita) my "low-n-slow".
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 04:58 PM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
Welcome to the forum,enjoy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Work.Email & Paypal.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 05:11 PM

Great bike!
Wonderful low end torque and great first gear pull. Great for track!
Keep finish nice with smooth even hand application of plexus....NO WAX.

Good luck, and enjoy.

Peter, look at my photo album
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 06:13 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Ian SAVS
Nice! Good find. Welcome to the site.

What we've got here, is failure to communicate.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys! I'm looking forward to learning more about the bike. I've lusted after the MVs for some time but living in the middle of nowhere it's a bit tough sometimes. Then again, sometimes you get lucky...

Reopropf, thanks for the tip on cleaning the paint. That's the big thing I don't like so far is that matte paint is so hard to keep looking good.

esq'z me, I have no idea what number mine is. How do you tell? I understand there is a certificate and such that comes with the bike but of course that is long gone. any chance of obtaining a replacement?

Thanks,

Cybeeria

2008 Aprilia RSVR Bol d'or
2004 MV Agusta F4 SPR
1959 Norton Manx
A bunch of other lesser bikes...
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 06:44 PM

Welcome.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 07:18 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybeeria View Post

esq'z me, I have no idea what number mine is. How do you tell?
Should be an oval plaque on center of the steering crown with SPR and ###/300 engraved on it.

Mine is # 275.

Maybe the VINs were consecutive? in which case PM me your VIN and I'll compare to mine.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit) restoration project, '71 CB100 "Lil' Red", '73 RD350B (Orange Bird) restoration project, '08 TT-R110 (Buster) Pam's ride, '05 TT-R230 (Dirty Girl), 2015 Indian Chietain (Rita) my "low-n-slow".

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode