Bike wont run - MVAgusta.net
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 04:46 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
wnehme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 1,869
New Site Garage
Bike wont run

So after having my bike off the road for a while i got it back 3 weeks ago from my mechanic who retuned it, adjusted throttle bodies cleaned injectors and checked valve clearences plus a service

I rode the bike twice and which was backfiring more than normally im used too. I hadnt ridden the bile in 2 weeks had been parked in garage i trird kicking it over last night but it wouldnt fire. The bike kicks over strong but it just wouldnt fire up. I had to keep the throttle open for the engine to start and once it did the bike sounded very sick like it was running on 3 cylinders and just very rough. Once i release the throttle the engine stops

Does anyone have any advice or answers? Im thinking loose spark plug or a throttle problem? Help appreciated guys
wnehme is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 04:49 AM
Senior Member
 
gotojoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Warwickshire UK
Posts: 9,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnehme View Post
So after having my bike off the road for a while i got it back 3 weeks ago from my mechanic who retuned it, adjusted throttle bodies cleaned injectors and checked valve clearences plus a service

I rode the bike twice and which was backfiring more than normally im used too. I hadnt ridden the bile in 2 weeks had been parked in garage i trird kicking it over last night but it wouldnt fire. The bike kicks over strong but it just wouldnt fire up. I had to keep the throttle open for the engine to start and once it did the bike sounded very sick like it was running on 3 cylinders and just very rough. Once i release the throttle the engine stops

Does anyone have any advice or answers? Im thinking loose spark plug or a throttle problem? Help appreciated guys

Think I'd be asking the mechanic to look see wots wot...
gotojoe is offline  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 04:52 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
wnehme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 1,869
New Site Garage
Hey joe
Its going back tomorrow just recieved my parts too today thanks for that mate
wnehme is offline  
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 05:07 AM
Senior Member
 
gotojoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Warwickshire UK
Posts: 9,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnehme View Post
Hey joe
Its going back tomorrow just recieved my parts too today thanks for that mate

That's cool Wissam...It's a nice wire innit ; ))

joe
gotojoe is offline  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 05:10 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
wnehme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 1,869
New Site Garage
Awesome. That stainless bracket does that just replace the exsisting one?
wnehme is offline  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 05:59 AM
Senior Member
 
gotojoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Warwickshire UK
Posts: 9,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnehme View Post
Awesome. That stainless bracket does that just replace the exsisting one?
Do a forum search on " blue mist" : )

joe
gotojoe is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome