MY 2010 Tanks Problems - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

MY 2010 Tanks Problems

We've heard enough about MY 2010 tank problems to know that it's a frequent warranty issue -- mines been bulging for a while, my dealer has been trying to get me a replacement --

Just heard from MV USA -- that they wont replace unless its leaking.

Motorcycle art my ass.

Any ideas on how to escalate this?

----
Those wishing to tame lions should attend carefully the difference between domestication and sophisticated food gathering techniques.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 08:58 PM

So sorry to hear your problem.

Just wondering is there any ethanol free gasoline in USA? I heard the caused of tank expanding is Ethanol. It will keep repeating the problem if there is no ethanol-free gas.
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 11:20 PM

don't worry it's an MV

I seriously don't know why we the public tolerate this crap just to have an exclusive brand. Pay more...get less...makes no sense. Sorry to hear. That is why I won't buy a bike with a plastic gas tank ever again. Too much of a PITA if you don't have easy access to ethanol free fuel.

You would think MV would pay attention to what has happened with the ducati and aprilia tanks seeing as how this is a problem that has been apparent since before the MY10+ bikes came out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my10-jakarta View Post
So sorry to hear your problem.

Just wondering is there any ethanol free gasoline in USA? I heard the caused of tank expanding is Ethanol. It will keep repeating the problem if there is no ethanol-free gas.
There is, just hard to source depending on the state and city you live in.
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 11:23 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to ErikV
Here in Europe no problems at all. The problem is not the tank but the fuel.

“When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit.”
post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 11:31 PM

do all 2010 MV's have this problem ?? or only MY2010+ ??

~Serge~
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 11:34 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to ErikV
Quote:
Originally Posted by svldvc View Post
do all 2010 MV's have this problem ?? or only MY2010+ ??
Every bike with a plastic tank does....

“When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit.”
post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012, 12:11 AM

Does on manual MV states no ethanol fuel? I never check mine. It will be problem to claim if Mv states on manual.
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012, 12:46 AM

Alcohol bulge?

Corn is for food and booze not fuel though booze has fueled a great many problems throughout history including this one. I have two 1098 Ducatis that have the same issue with tank swelling. Crappy choice of material for a fuel tank being sold in a country that uses ethanol in their gasoline. The problem is this is not secret that there is a non-compatibility issue so why do they do it? I would have been happy to have paid a little more for an aluminum tank right off the get go and not have this issue to deal with all on my dime. A new plastic tank I am sure is not cheap so let the customer pay the difference in the cost and call it good. Aluminum tanks for the Ducatis run $2,000.00 US, I have not checked on the MVs yet.
I am lucky though in that I have a filling station close by that has 100% fossil fuel sans the Jack Daniels. This does put me in a shallow orbit around this one station however. My riding fits with this and if I do want to go for a longer trip I have a 999r with a steel tank.
Fuel at the track is 100% gasoline though it is more expensive but so is the whole track experience so spending another ten bucks for fuel is not that big of a deal for me. Riding on the street these days has really lost it's appeal for me. The track is kicking my ass because of my age of 62 so the street might be my only choice in the future. I need to get my fat ass in better shape if I want to continue doing track days and my dream of racing. I have a feeling this summer is going to be my last chance for that one to come true unless my order for testosterone pills does what they say it does. That may bring up a completely different problem of trying to ride with a raging hard on.

If Adam and Eve were Chinese, we would still be in paradise
because they would have ignored the apple and eaten the snake!
post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012, 01:32 AM

I've asked in Europe for this issue...will see.
I'm owner F4 10+ and all it's OK, and I've not heard nothing about in others owners in Spain or Italy...I'll will ask in UK.

Remembering one pic:
Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1337149497005.jpg
Views: 939
Size:  100.0 KB

But this issue is known, it's located in list problems F4 10+.
Thread issues known F4 MY10 in IMAGES.
People really don't know what is the cause if it's only happen in USA.
Ones are sure is etanol...anothers not....

Sent from my Samsung using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by SpainF4; 05-16-2012 at 01:40 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode