MY 2010 Tanks Problems - Page 3 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawininja View Post
http://www.amazon.com/Caswell-Gas-Ta.../dp/B001PLM5TC

an aluminum tank is still a better option though. They do them on the old bikes, why not the new????
Interesting .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my10-jakarta View Post
Very depressing.
Don't let it get you down.
I Love my MV F4.
Stuff like this can occur from time to time from any manufacture. Compare this to Lamborgini's that burst into flames................

The main thing is that Mv Agusta does what is RIGHT, and stands WITH their Customers and Stands behind their products.
Then, for me, All is forgiven, and I may be a customer for LIFE.
post #23 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012, 05:08 PM

I keep looking to see if these guys are going to do a tank for the MY10+ models. They have the old style. Maybe if enough people inquire they would.

http://www.moto-works.jp/beater/index.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawininja View Post
I keep looking to see if these guys are going to do a tank for the MY10+ models. They have the old style. Maybe if enough people inquire they would.

http://www.moto-works.jp/beater/index.html
Tanks for that web-site. Very, Very, Nice work, I Love Aluminum.
$2400 (+-) Plus Shipping. Basically same (retail) Price MV would sell a Shitty Plastic One for.

I added that site to my "favorites" list.
post #25 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-17-2012, 01:24 AM

+1, nice info.

Thx , Kawi
post #26 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-17-2012, 08:49 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmcmulle View Post
We've heard enough about MY 2010 tank problems to know that it's a frequent warranty issue -- mines been bulging for a while, my dealer has been trying to get me a replacement --

Just heard from MV USA -- that they wont replace unless its leaking.

Motorcycle art my ass.

Any ideas on how to escalate this?
Not liking what I'm reading here as far as MV not warrantying swelling tanks. I sure hope that's not true.
I was at my dealer a few days ago, & asked for an update for my '11 1090RR swelling tank warranty claim that was submitted & approved back in April. They are supposed to have emailed MV (& copied me) asking for an update. I don't expect to hear anything since Italy is pretty much on Holiday this month. However, I do expect to get some sort of update early next month.
An aluminum tank would be awesome, but I don't see that happening unless it's a custom job, at my own expense. At the very least they should send a new tank that's had the interior coated at the factory or pay to have the coating applied by the dealer before installing the new tank. Man I hope they take care of you.
Good luck,
Glenn

x
post #27 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-18-2012, 06:01 AM
Established Member

I wonder how for the swelling/deformation would go if the tank wasn't replaced. Do you think it could expand to the point it becomes a matter of safety?
post #28 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-18-2012, 07:44 AM

post #29 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-18-2012, 05:25 PM
Established Member

Here is the letter, retyped verbatim, from Mr. Tang Wu at MV AGUSTA USA, LLC

Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2012
To: Service (Euro Cycles of Tampa Bay)
Subject: RE: TAMPA 1090RR FUEL TANK

Jeff, (Service Manager)

Concerning the fuel tank issue, at the moment unless there is a possibility of a safety issue (i.e. leaking fuel, improper fit, softening tank, etc) I would ask that you let the customer know MV Agusta will replace his fuel tank once a solution has been found by the fuel tank manufacturer. There is a limited stock of the original batch of tanks which will most likely result in the same issue and those should be reserved for safety related repairs. If you feel the customer will not accept this answer, please give me a call to discuss at 215-781-XXXX

Thanks
-Tang

Tang Wu
MV AGUSTA USA, LLC
10 Canal Street, Suite 224
Bristol, PA 19007

My thought is that the simplest, least expensive solution for the tank manufacturer would be to apply a suitable protective internal coating (like some that have been suggested) on any existing tanks they have & all tanks made in the future.

An email was sent a couple of weeks ago requesting an update, which has not been responded to yet. I'm sure that has more to do with Italy being on Holiday this month than anything else. Anyway my service manager, Jeff is going to call Mr. Wu directly on Tuesday to ask for an update.
Hopefully I'll have an update later in the week. I'll keep you all posted.
Cheers,
Glenn

x

Last edited by G21090; 08-18-2012 at 05:29 PM.
post #30 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-19-2012, 07:15 AM
Established Member

Thanks for that information Glenn. I'm willing to be patient while MV work with the tank manufacturer to find a permanent fix. I wish MV would release a service bulletin though so the coating could be applied as a precautionary measure for those currently unaffected.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode